PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)

Just attended a coffee and conversation with the Head of School yesterday. The topic was technology and it's impact on children. The school offered tips and suggestions, data and facts and how they plan to help our families combat the pitfalls of constant technology. I love that the school takes a wider view on how they can help my family--not just my child but my entire family. Grateful I found this gem of a school and community.

Amount of homework: Neutral

Prospective parents are encouraged to check the accuracy of the enrollment numbers. This school is declining in enrollment. Healthy things grow..this school is not!

Millwood partners with parents, promotes moral values, respect and kindness to all, and most importantly, is not constrained to a curriculum that teaches to a standardized test. Academics are rigorous, interesting, and allow for creativity. Teachers are an extension of your family and they truly know your child. This school is an undiscovered gem and worth every penny!!

Our children have attended Millwood School for the past 6 years and are getting ready to return shortly. We are very pleased with the education they have received. Millwood is a gem of a school which stresses both academic achievement as well as character. Our children are able to introduce themselves to others, including adults with confidence and carry on a conversation. They have been taught essential life skills with the Big Ten that will serve them well throughout their entire careers. They are not scared of public speaking as they have been placed in front of a microphone from the moment they arrived at Millwood School. Children of different ages are teamed up with buddies. Many activities are performed with their buddy which are mutually beneficial whether it is practicing reading out loud to a junior kindergarten student, traveling to the "Amazon" observing the wildlife of the rainforest, playing games, or doing crafts. The small classes allow for lots of 1:1 instruction. The teachers are very approachable and aware of their students' needs. A minor incident occurred to our child by two other children that needed to be addressed. The head of the Lower School called me personally, explained the situation so that I would know about it before our child came home from school. Both other children's parents were contacted and the children apologized in person to our child. In addition, our child received a written apology from one child and the other child's father called my husband to apologize for his son's behavior. The issue was promptly and appropriately addressed and all three children are friends still. We are warmly greeted by all staff and other parents. Our children feel very safe and at home at Millwood School.

Millwood School has provided a top notch education for my son. In addition to his other academic achievements, he has learned critical thinking skills and developed strong public speaking skills. Maybe most importantly, Millwood has reinforced strong values including sportsmanship, citizenship, understanding and compassion. The BIG TEN that Millwood teaches is critical to the development of a good citizen of our community. Millwood School gets 5 Stars from me!

Millwood School has been a wonderful answer for us and is a special community to be part of. The small class size doesn't allow our son to hide in the crowd and the teachers and staff are amazing. They get to know every child and their personality as much as their classwork, pushing them to be successful in academics as well as in character. Character development at Millwood is strongly emphasized and an integral part of the curriculum, which we believe will be key in his success. It may not be the biggest school, but I truly believe its small size is a huge advantage and makes it one of the best schools around.

Small class sizes and individual attention really helped our son through the middle school years.

Develops character: Neutral

Sorry to say this school did not live up to the hype and propaganda. The level of micro management of students goes way beyond an acceptable level. I want my children to be able to think for themselves and develop self control with less micro management as they get older. This school was more interested in controlling every aspect of their lives to the point they were unable to learn how to do it themselves.

Excellent education and amazing teachers from K- upper school. I appreciate the attention to detail of character development, public speaking and time management which will help my children excel in college and in life.

Amount of homework: Agree

The smaller class size allowed my children to get started on homework in class which was great for managing after school sports.

Last modified Millwood School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12