Bad
Good

Spring Run Elementary School 2

Posted May 13, 2013
This school could use some help. My daughter has fallen through the cracks at this school. I communicate often with the teachers and constantly ask for feedback, but I don't feel that I get what I need to truly help her. She had to repeat the 1st grade even though she passed everything but english. This devastated her. She has since been diagnosed with ADHD and a non specific mood disorder and its like no one knows how to help her. I have her medicated and she she sees a therapist, but I feel that the school continues to let her down. She is bullied and has even started self-excluding herself as a defense to it. I know that my daughter is no angel, but I feel that the school should be doing more to help her. It was extremely difficult to get her an IEP, and I honestly can't say that it has helped her in any way. Some of the faculty seem almost burned out without a clue on how to deal with my daughter. I just cannot say that this is a good school for children with special needs. I'm seriously considering pulling her out of Spring Run and giving her a new start at another school.

Posted August 26, 2012
Spring Run is an excellent school. Lots of parent invovlement, dedicated hardworking teachers and students who excel.

Posted February 08, 2012
I am very happy about this school and its teachers. My kids have been challenged and the amount of work on behalf of the teachers to achieve this is commendable. This is the greatest school and I am so lucky to have my girls taught by such great educators.

Posted September 20, 2010
I agree with the parent/teacher involvement! Love the school!

Posted May 21, 2010
We LOVE this school. Our daughter and son have attended this school for a total of 10 years between the 2 of them. EVERY teacher they have ever had has been great and the administration is very open and supportive. The office staff is so warm and welcoming and the PTA is a great place to get involved. I honestly cannot say anything negative about this school. It is truly outstanding and I would recommend it to anyone.

Posted January 26, 2010
A wonderful, warm, welcoming school offering a quality education.

Posted November 06, 2009
Very family oriented, really care about their students. The school is like being on a team, they all work together.

Posted September 19, 2009
I love this school! You could not ask for a more nuturing, welcoming and innovative school for your child to attend! The staff, students and parents are amazing. There are endless opportunities to be involved and an active PTA at SRES. The administration always has an open door policy. SRES offers students an excellent educational experience.

Spring Run Elementary School 2

Posted May 05, 2009
I give this school below average because of our specific situation. Our daughter has been there for 1.5 years and her grades continue to decline. We have approached the teachers, counselors and administration several times about her needing special assistance but she receives none. Believe me we have done all the private testing possible because the school will not do it. We approached the school with the results and they were not interested in changing things. We are currently looking for a private school where the student to teacher ratio is better and there is much more communication with the teacher and administration. 'Most welcoming school award' oh boy--if that is so the other Chesterfield schools are in poor shape.

Posted January 25, 2009
I can't say enough about the quality of teachers at this school. The teacher ratio is excellent for public school which does matter to me. The building is like new and well kept. My child is excited about going every day and I know it's due to the teachers and staff. The parents I know are impressed with how this school is managed and the SOL scores.

13901 Spring Run Rd, Midlothian, VA  23112
Last modified Spring Run Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.