Midlothian, VA

Posted October 22, 2014
I cannot praise this school highly enough. We have never experienced such an incredible school and we have 2 older children that have already graduated. We were a little bit leery about enrolling our youngest daughter into as a junior. They have embraced her with open arms. Shortly after starting school, our daughter lost a very very dear friend, from her last high school, in a horrific, gruesome, fatal car accident and missed most of the week that followed the death. She has received nothing but support, love, concern, love and complete understand from the entire school, faculty and students alike. Cosby has given support to our whole family and have been there for/with us through the whole tragedy. I have nothing but total and complete praise and appreciation for this school!

Posted October 21, 2014
My husband and I have just purchased a home in the Cosby High School district. We are moving from out of state and when interviewing friends and family from Midlothian, they all recommended Cosby High and gave that school, their most confidence. Although, Midlothian has several great schools, we feel this district was the best decision we could make in where we should settle. We look forward to participating in all the community activities centered around Cosby.

Posted July 22, 2014
Cosby High School is the BEST school in Richmond Virginia. Dr. Brenda Mayo is a very professional, educated, diversed, poised and confident achiever in any task given her. Her leadership far exceeds the task as principal at Cosby. A principal's job is to secure the safety for all students in the course of every given day. Principal's job is not to walk the halls, but to make sure that the learning environment is condusive, the building is safely secured, no child is left behind in any respect, and her support staff, both administration and faculty, are accountable, contented and connected with the success of the student population. Kudos to Dr. Mayo for a continued success in a #1 school in Virginia! Kudos to your administration, staff and faculty! Keep up the Outstanding Performance ! The World is Watching!

Posted April 17, 2014
Excellent school! My kids are involved in music (Orchestra) at Cosby and absolutely love it. They are challenged musically and academically.

Cosby High School 4

Posted April 11, 2014
I love this school, I have a son who graduated from Cosby, another son and daughter will also be graduating from Cosby. Parent involvement is Awesome, teachers that all my kids have had really seem to care about their students. The extra activities they offer are great, and my two younger kids have taken advantage of them, One in Show choir and the other is doing Fashion Design along with the courses offered off site. None of my kids have ever had a problem with bullying or fights at this school, Kids all seem to be very close to each other and protective of each other. When I go to the school events here at the school you don't hear them talk negative of other schools they are in competition with , you only hear them cheering the other schools on and saying positive things, I love that!

Cosby High School 1

Posted June 24, 2013
Can you say school run by spoiled rich kids? -Bullying is out of control. Bully never suffers any major punishment, student who was being bullied by two older class men receives 4 days of ISD and the bully receives only 2 and the student was still being harass. -ISD is a joke. Teacher allows children in detention to text,go on IPods, mess around in halls. -There is an administrator (not giving any names but she the thick one) never shows respect for her students, awful offensive sarcasm, and just upright rude -Over crowdedness is a problem -Dress code is a huge problem. The school goes on about dress code but you see the more higher up in the social ranks girls wearing skimpy dresses showing off there undergarments and not get caught. -there are some excellent teachers in this school but not enough to recommend kids here. I rather have people go to cloverhill than cosby

Posted February 23, 2013
I have a Sophomore at Cosby High School. He would never consider attending any other school. He is very challenged academically and participates in Cross Country and Track. The only negative about the school is that it is way overcrowded. They need to move the HSSC, but then if they do that the HSSC would lose the students who live in the Cosby school district.

Posted February 21, 2013
love this school and everything about it. Truly is the best high school in the nation.

Posted September 08, 2012
My son is a sophomore, we are having an excellent experience here. The administration and faculty are top notch and go above and beyond for the students. The sports and band are fantastic and truly enhance the high school experience. Kudos.

Posted August 30, 2012
my son graduated and daughter currently attends. new school and facilities, good parent involvement, great sports program, AP courses. definitely tops in the county.

Cosby High School
14300 Fox Club Parkway, Midlothian, VA  23112
Last modified Cosby High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cosby High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top