Posted May 10, 2014
Moved to the area from out of state. This elementary is far superior to the "elite college prep private school" that my children had attended. The teachers are amazing and work hard to challenge each student to do their best. The principal is wonderful. Love this school

Robious Elementary School 2

Posted March 06, 2014
Teachers spend too much time dealing with challenging behavior issues which are not nipped in the bud!. In my opinion, the school had stronger leadership in the past and disruptive conduct was not tolerated to the extent that it is currently. Experienced teachers are retiring, which is an added loss. The active PTA is a positive for the school. Kids do better academically when parents get involved in getting/asking for academic help for their children. I have found this to be true with my Robious student and my other children, at other schools.

Posted February 21, 2014
I think this is a great school. My son wasn't focused in Math and was placed in a much smaller group for a few weeks in 3rd grade. He is now in the high math class in 4th grade with the extra assistance. Great staff who recognize difficulty and nip it in the bud!

Posted January 17, 2014
This school has increasing problems with student behavior and students showing lack of respect. The response is to sweep it under the table and try to minimize it. Basically, if you don't like what is going on, you are better off looking for another school than wasting your time trying to address any issues. There has been a change in the student environment from years past. The children appear to be increasingly disruptive in the lower grades and the teachers just juggle them as best they can. Good teachers are becoming babysitters. If your overall preferance is a public school environment, then your family should be fine with this school. If you hope for better, look elsewhere.

Posted June 08, 2010
I'm in 5th grade and this year all the teachers helped me. Not only in my academics but in my confidence. This is a definate 5 star school.

Posted November 12, 2009

Posted March 11, 2008
My daughter always complains about the teachers not showing her how to do things. How they move to fast and personally I think there is extremely too much homework everynight. They can't even have a party in the class for birthdays because they can't bring cakes or cup cakes, Come on their kids they love celebrating birthdays, This school is the only one that does this. Can't bring outside food in for lunch. Come on don't tell me what I can feed my child. This school is too strict and the kids have no fun at all. Its like boot camp. Lighten up people.

Posted November 18, 2006
Robious is outstanding for advanced, and self guided learners and seem to have an adequate program for the more severe learning disabled.However, if your child requires special help in any area-you may want to consider your alternatives. We wish now that we had. Robious' administration lends little to no regard to the student who falls in between average and learning disabled. If you are to enter the school in this situation, be prepared for a great deal of double talk, time wasting and ignorance- and be aware of their disregard toward the less than average student. We found their lack of concern and condecending manner not only disappointing to us, but quite damaging to our child.Changing schools was the best route, and we wish we had not wasted so much of our child's time waiting and virtually begging for help that simply is not offered at Robious.

Robious Elementary School 4

Posted October 18, 2005
- a former student

Posted February 19, 2005
As a parent of a former student at Robious, I can not say enough for the way in which my child was prepared for future grades. The programs offered by the staff were oustanding. The teachers my child had were outstanding and true professinals in every way. The level of learning energy was exceptional. The communications from the teachers were clear and direct about my child. The staff should be very proud of the students that they are sending on to middle school. The level of administration lacked in depth. It appeared that the administration staff was less than what the academic staff deserved. The physical condition of the school needed to be improved in terms of janitorial services.

Robious Elementary School
2801 Robious Crossing Dr., Midlothian, VA  23113
Last modified Robious Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Robious Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews.