Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (21 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (23 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (22 responses)

Amazing school with caring and professsional staff. My son goes here and he is so very happy. I don't know how great schools figures these "ratings" but their system must be seriously flawed. JRHS has a great leadership team, a robust AP program with many options for my child to have a rigorous experience in a diverse and inclusive environment. Recent leadership changes have shifted the culture of the building and we are so excited for the years to come!! Go Rapids!

I graduated from this school in 1999. I love this brand new school. The mascot was the rapids and the best teachers in this world.

My son recently graduated and I have two other children there. My kids have thrived at JRHS. They have had teachers who have I spired and motivated. I have no reservations about my kids attending JRHS. There are tons of clubs and activities for all students to join. I have no doubts that my kids are well prepared for college and beyond.

I have found there to be an openness to dialogue, a willingness to include stakeholders in decision making, and high expectations for students, teachers, and parents.

Prepped me well for college, great teachers and staff!! Fantastic facilities and beautiful location, Go Rapids!!

Develops character: Strongly agree

Fostering a mindset that the high school is a community and everyone plays a role in ensuring the success of the high school. They encourage empowerment and independence which helps students grow and learn accountability and pride. All of this leads to students learning integrity.

Blue ribbon high school. Great teachers. Great band. Prepared both my kids well for college.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

More critical thinking/reasoning is needed to prepare for college level classes. Less memorization and regurgitation.

Amount of homework: Agree

Varies by teacher, some give too much, some too little, and some are just right.

Excellent teachers for the most part and willing to help when needed. Good variety of electives and opportunities for higher level classes. Sports programs and clubs are excellent.

Last modified James River High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.