Posted April 17, 2014
Best School in Chesterfield, Teachers that care and are all very approachable The principal is very involved

Posted April 01, 2014
great school, teacher for my child is very interested in her needs and teaching in the way that she can best learn

Posted September 13, 2013
We Love Evergreen ! The administration and staff are very approachable and helpful. They are clearly visible interacting with students throughout the day. The teachers are Awesome! They do an amazeing job teaching and loving our students. There is not one teacher at Evergreen that I would not want my child to have. They truly welcome and desire parental involvement. They are always willing to communicate and address any concerns. All of my experiences at Evergreen have been positive. There are currently 1,029 students at Evergreen. With that many people, you are going to have individuals that may have a specific experience that they do not deem to be positive. Those people are certainly in the minority. Talk with other parents and interact with the students. Ask the kids how they feel about their journey at Evergreen. I would expect the majority of responses to be very positive. Yes, Evergreen does push certain areas of academics in order to meet or exceed the standards of learning that have been forced upon them, so I can see where the feeling like a number could come into play. We could fix that by letting teachers teach. Evergreen is a very loving environment!

Posted September 12, 2013
We absolutely love Evergreen Elementary School. The teachers and staff are friendly and patient. They have a tough job dealing with over 1,000 sets of parents, but always seem to put the students first no matter what. If you have any questions just contact the principal or other administrators they have always been willing to work with my family. Highly recommend this school for parents who want their children to get a great education and have a pleasant elementary school experience.

Posted September 11, 2013
Our family has been very impressed with Evergreen Elementary. The school is very large but there seem to be very few discipline problems. The test scores are very good, but there is so much more going on at this school. From the Back to School Picnic, to the Pumpkin Lighting, to the garden, to the free Diggity Dudes concert, it goes on and on. Students are recognized for good citizenship and are challenged in the classroom. The school also helps the community through a food pantry, clothes donations, and other fund raising activities. The PTA is great and many parents are very involved. Every time I have had needed to speak he has been avaiIable, very helpful and very friendly. I feel fortunate to be able to send my child to Evergreen everyday!

Posted September 11, 2013
I'm happy to read the good reviews about Evergreen and surprised to see the negative ones. My experience has been great. The principal has been accessible and friendly. He works closely with parents and students. Parents are welcomed in the school, but are not allowed to roam the halls or interrupt the classrooms. I for one am grateful knowing that my child's safety comes first. Keep up the great work Evergreen!

Posted September 11, 2013
Evergreen is a great school. The students come first and the staff is great. The principal gets involved with the students and is very visible We have been at Evergreen for 5 years and have never had any problems at all. My kids adore this school!

Posted September 11, 2013
Evergreen is an excellent school. My children really enjoy it going there. The staff is very helpful and concerned about the students. Safety is taken seriously. The communication from the principal is a big plus. We get messages from the school just about every week updating the latest school events. Great school.

Evergreen Elementary School 2

Posted September 04, 2013
This school is NOT parent-friendly! If you are an involved parent then you will have problems with their policy. I am a Henrico transplant and used to the school allowing me to walk my child to class on the 1st day. Henrico even encourages parents to pop up and do a surprise peek from the class door (not allowed to enter class on pop-ups so as not to disturb teaching process). I watched an emotional parent come to tears as she was stopped at the cafeteria when trying to walk her crying 1st grader to class on the 1st day of school. They treat the teaching experience like a business, completing ingnoring the human aspect. I agree with the other parent below that they chidren are treated as a number. If you are not coming to a scheduled conference or volunteering for one of their events then you will not have the opportunity to observe your child. They make parents feel like they are visiting a prison. Henrico exercised strict security, while still keeping a human aspect. There's also the "no-tattle" policy that made my child afraid to report problems to the teacher. 2nd graders shouldnt be encouraged to work out their own problems!!!

Evergreen Elementary School 1

Posted May 20, 2012
A great school if you feel your child with special needs should be in a self contained and institutionalized setting. A terrible school if you feel your child with special needs should be included with their peers and should have an education. Would never send my child there again; to a school that does not see my child as a student instead he's viewed by a label. NO INCLUSIVE EDUCATION at EES!!! Advocates, do not come to Chesterfield County!!!!

Evergreen Elementary School
1701 Evergreen East Pkwy., Midlothian, VA  23114
Last modified Evergreen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Evergreen Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top