Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I think that caregivers of MMLH are very kind and attentive, with lots of experience. They care for the baby's basic need with excellence, and it is a perfectly safe space for our little ones. But there were some minor issues that I would have preferred to know about beforehand. 1) I feel, for the youngest group, there's no special advantage of being at a international daycare. (I don't count songs from the stereo as "working on language skills"). I never saw and doubt that there was an actual conversation there when my baby attended the MMLH or looking at books. I don't ask much - just little words, short stories. 2) While talking to parents who have children in other daycares, I realized that they were getting help and knowledge on how to care for your baby. It was different for us at MMLH. Here, the staff looked at me for all the instructions at every step (being a new parent I hoped for help from professionals at daycare). 3) Inconsistent information or was it a miscommunication problem? Whenever I asked a caregiver something, some of them rushed to answer yes. Later it turned out they were not fluent enough and did not get what I meant. I don’t blame them that they are not fluent, but I wish they just said - “I don’t understand, please talk to the manager upstair”, something of that sort. 5) The daily reports. They were good except-why do you need options “Happy/Fussy /Sleepy/ Needing extra attention” if you only check Happy. Happy. Happy. What info does it give me? This often bugged me. I want the reports to be representative and real, not just formal. I have to say that for the Non-English speakers this daycare would probably the best option. But for English speaking parents it would be quite a challenge. I hope this feedback will help enhance the place as I do believe there are good capable people working at MMLH. There’s a lot to work on-maybe to update the skills of the caregivers on up to date approaches on caring for babies. Here I not necessarily mean training in early childhood development, but at least an up-to-date medical information, such as the ways of recognizing some ear infection symptoms (swallowing might be painful and bothering the baby and other), etc. I wish you could work out the way of communicating with parents so that everyone is at the same page. I hope you’ll find it helpful.

When children are young with limited vocabulary you can only have faith in God that while you are working your child is being treated with love Don t just drop your child off at daycare every day without Sitting The Baby Sitter Make time and ask to view tapes at least once or twice a month of your childs class !!! Ask your child how their day went everyday!!! Drop in unexpected to visit with your child!!! There are certain things that toddlers just don t make up .

Here are some important facts related to the issue driving this comment. Thealleged accusation was self-reported to the Department of Social Services and to Child Protective Services by the owner of Mighty Minds, Little Hands International Preschool . Both agencies conducted a thorough investigation and concluded that the complaint was not founded, and the case has been closed. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 434-975-4263.

turnover in staff was one clue that this was not the place I wanted my child to be while I worked. Despite the owner's seeming interest in parents' concerns, I quickly realized that this school is just another one her business opportunities. if you want staff with some training in early childhood development, this is not the place. Once your child is old enough to tell you what really happens here behind the closed doors, it will be too late. Keep looking.... there are other day cares in Charlottesville.

This is an exceptional daycare/preschool with an open door policy to parents at all times. Our children attended MMLH for 1.5 years and we were all very happy there. Our children received excellent care and a terrific education in English and Spanish. The teachers are caring, skilled, energetic, nurturing, and insightful. The administration is helpful, receptive to concerns and set the tone for a positive and appreciative environment. In addition to the daily reports from class, we met semi-annually with our teachers to discuss our children's developmental progress and were provided with skill assessment sheets we could pass on to our Pediatrician. We felt lucky to have found such a wonderful environment for our children.

Our 6-month-old started at MMLH several months ago. Miss Heather in the administration has always been extremely helpful, and since I go to breastfeed my baby everyday at lunch on my lunchbreak, I get a window into the care that is given in the classrooms, which is top-notch. The teachers all know my child by name, and they all lavish attention on every child in the classroom - no one gets left out. I feel lucky to have found such a wonderful environment for my child.

Our infant started at Mighty Minds several months ago. So far we've been very happy with the quality of care. The teachers are very loving and caring. The Spanish language program is wonderful and they don't charge extra for it like other schools in the area. Our child always seems happy to arrive in the mornings.

Our preschooler has attended MMLH for nearly a year and we are very happy there! They provide lots of creative art projects, reading readiness skills (our 3 year old can identify all upper and lowercase letters and most letter sounds), and leadership skill building. Our child loves the teachers who are loving, active, and energetic.

Although the teachers at MMLH are great, I find it strange that new employees are regularly placed in the classroom without any word given by the director to the parents before hand. Other than that, we are happy.

Although the caregivers at MMLH are good, our experience with the administration was not so good. Altogether the information that we were given was inconsistent and we felt that it was not dealt with in a reasonable manner

Last modified Mighty Minds Little Hands Ps is a Private school that serves grade PK