New Market, VA

Posted April 21, 2010
SVA is a wonderful school. I am so happy that my son is attending their, he always has wonderful things to say.

Posted December 23, 2009

Posted December 01, 2009
I am a student at Shenandoah Valley Academy. I think it's one of the best high schools in Virginia. There's always something going on in and around campus. Our team won the soccer championship for the fourth year straight. The basketball team won against the second best basketball team in state by double digits last week. Our Small Choir (Shenandoans), Orchestra and Handbells travel a lot. So does the drama team. The teachers here are great, if you ever have a problem, a teacher will help you. I remember my math teacher, Mr. Brown, I needed help one day before a test, and he took his personal time to come over to the dorm at eight o'clock just to help me study. Other teachers do that too. SVA is an awesome school, and it's really spiritual as well. If you wanna come, you should definitely come visit us. :-)

Shenandoah Valley Academy 0

Posted November 24, 2009
SVA was a wonderful school last year. However, this year there are some disappointing changes. Communication with students and parents needs improvement. The school is understaffed for the number of students. The staff is not available to the students for help outside of class. Academic help is only available in the library at a certain times with the special ed teacher. When a student gets failing grades, teachers show no initiative to work with a student or to notify parents. Principal is frequently off campus and not available. Designated Guidance counselor is greatly needed at SVA. Extra curricular activities are sparse. There are limited openings because each activity has only 1 level. Many kids are turned away from sports, drama and music due to limited slots. Laptops are not permitted. Very limited computer access for students. Morale on campus is slipping. It's such a shame. SVA could be so great. This school is worth saving.

Posted November 27, 2008
Shenandoah Valley Academy's reputation for excellence is justly deserved. It has set the gold standard in the arts, academics, social training, but most importantly Christ like training. As a former student, and now a parent, I assure you there is no finer institution where a young person can grow and develop into a quality adult.

Shenandoah Valley Academy 4

Posted October 07, 2008

Shenandoah Valley Academy 2

Posted September 07, 2008

Posted January 24, 2008

Shenandoah Valley Academy 0

Posted April 10, 2007
- a former student
I attended this school for the last 2 years of high school it was great, I made lasting friends and attended school with other teenagers from Brazil, Canada, Europe.. I am glad I attended there. It was a great transition from home, and made going to college after easier than leaving home to go to college. I go back every year to visit, and relive the memories. Mary Newton Boyd

Posted February 11, 2005
- a former student
I attended Shenandoah Valley Academy for 3 years, and i can honostly say that it was the best 3 years of my life. I have such a good time while getting a great education. The teachers are great, dorm like was so much fun, lots of people to have fun with. I would highly recommend going ot Shenandoah Valley Academy. It would be worth every single penny!

Shenandoah Valley Academy
234 West Lee Highway, New Market, VA  22844
Last modified Shenandoah Valley Academy is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Shenandoah Valley Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top