Posted October 29, 2014
Great neighborhood school. The teachers, staff, parents and students are outstanding. Become a volunteer or join the PTA and you won't be disappointed. They are all very loving and welcoming!

Posted September 07, 2014
Great teachers! Great school! This is a great little community of families. School is welcoming and inviting.

Posted August 18, 2009

Posted July 01, 2009

Posted May 27, 2009
Agree busing is a problem at this school. The inclusion TAG program creates a large disparity in the the regular classroom. If you are looking for a neighborhood school then look further. For my child who is not considered 'gifted' he is in a class with significant learning issues and discipline problems and only 3 other children from our neighborhood. His self esteem is negatively effected and not given the same educational opportunities as his peers in the TAG program. My suggestion is look into the magnets in the city if you child is average and does not test into TAG. You and they will be happy to be constantly reminded that they are in a lower performing classroom.

B.C. Charles Elementary School 0

Posted May 07, 2009
It's a really good school but starting in 3rd grade they start 'busing' in students and also discipline problems. The PTA is very active and gives so much to the school. The teachers are top notch. It is just disappointing that the discipline problems go up starting in 3rd grade.

Posted April 06, 2007
The teachers are wonderful! My child has learned so much this year. Have a concern about discipline and the way the principal address them. The assistant principal seems to be on top of things.

Posted April 05, 2007
School and staff are excellent. Principal has been difficult to work with.

Posted March 06, 2005
- a former student
I went to Elementary School here, and let me tell you, it is the best school anyone could want to go to. The staff is extremely encouraging and supportive. The teachers worked one on one with me in any area that I needed help. I have many memories that linger throught the hallways of BC Charles, and I will never forget them.

Posted July 31, 2004
BC Charles is one of the best schools in Newport News. We are fully accredited and supply the best resources available to our students. The entire staff is caring and understanding of student needs. Our PTA is 150% and extremely supportive of the needs of students, parents, and staff. Currently, our principal is Mrs. Fritzinger. I have one child that is a junior now and one in second grade. I would not want to relocate unless I can find a school that has the same standards as Charles.

B.C. Charles Elementary School
701 Menchville Road, Newport News, VA  23602
Last modified B.C. Charles Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
B.C. Charles Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top