Newport News, VA

Posted January 02, 2015
We have a large family and had children at Hilton for 11 consecutive years. We have had a gap and have another child starting in kindergarten next year. We have missed it and are excited to get back. It is definitely one of the best in the area and one of the top tier schools anywhere. The neighborhood, the location, the staff, the parents, and the tradition provide an experience that is hard to match at other schools. It's understated and traditional approach appeal to our family provide a welcome relief from a world that wants to change every 15 seconds.

Posted May 31, 2011
In general I have been please w Hilton. Everyone I have met, from my Son's Teacher to the principal, staff and school nurse was professional and competent. My son is learning and enjoys going to school. Can't ask for much more then that.

Posted September 17, 2009
I went there as a child and the teachers were great and now my daughter goes there and she has done very well!

Posted October 22, 2008
We have two children. Our oldest graduated from Hilton last year and our youngest is still at Hilton. I am a veteran Hilton Mom. Hilton has been a wonderful experience! The staff is always open to suggestions and I have found that they have an open door policy. If you need them, they are more than accomodating! The parental involvement at Hilton is phenominal. The school is the best elementary school in Newport News! My oldest is now in middle school and we have found her to be very well prepared in all subjects. We couldn't be happier! I have run into former Hilton families when I'm out and about and they always say how special Hilton is and that there is no place like it!

Posted March 04, 2008
We've had a child at this school for 3 years now and have been very happy. The school is the main reason we purchased our house in this neighborhood. Teachers and parents care and there is a great sense of community at Hilton. We think it is the best in the city!

Posted August 26, 2004
My Father in law went to this school almost 60 years ago! I have three children Two have already finished and one still attends. It has been a wonderful experance for all three of them and for my Husband and I. The teachers care for each of there students, and work hard for them. I can't think of anything negitve to say. Its a great place to learn and grow. When my oldest children left the school they cryed. Leaving Hilton was like going away from home to them, but they now go back to see all there old teachers to show them what a wonderfull job they did in teaching.

Posted May 11, 2004
I love this school! I honestly can't find a negative thing to say about the school or the Faculty & Staff, with the exception that I wish my kids could attend school here again! Furthermore, the principal is every parents dream- She loves the kids and her job!

Hilton Elementary School 4

Posted February 23, 2004
I was very pleased with my childs first year at Hilton. This year has not been the best. Teachers should not write negative letters to the parent and send home via a child that can read unsealed. This has led to a battle of self worth in a child that did not have this problem before. Constructive criticism should be kept between the parent and the teacher. I do feel that the principal is an asset to this school and really loves her job and the children.

Hilton Elementary School 3

Posted November 07, 2003
I am very disappointed with the quality of teachers that I have had contact with during the 4 years that my child attended Hilton Elementary. I believe that teachers should be able to use the English language correctly in order to be able to teach it to the children. Hilton provides very few extra curricular activities.

225 River Rd, Newport News, VA  23601
Last modified Hilton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hilton Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top