Bad
Good

Huntington Middle School

Posted July 16, 2009
I'm a very proud teacher at Huntington Middle School. This school has sail to excellence due to the leadership and my awesome collegues. I believe without the guidance of the LORD watching over our leader ( including assistant principals) and the TEACHERS (including instructional leaders) 'GIFT OF KNOWLEDGE' we would not have sailed so far.

Posted August 12, 2007
As a former Huntington teacher, I can truly say it is an exceptional school. The faculty and staff were not only caring and nurturing to the students, but always courteous and compassionate toward each other. Everyone worked together to keep the students encouraged, and to help them be successful. The students were always excited to share their accomplishments with the faculty and staff. The principal's 'open-door' policy not only made the teachers feel welcome, but the students too. That is why many students and teachers continue to stop by the school long after they have moved on. As they say, 'Once a Viking, always a Viking.' I hope one day, I'll be able to return HOME to my Viking family. In the meantime, I know that everyone there will continue to strive for excellence and continue to do what is in the best interest of the children.--You Can't Hide That Viking Pride!

Posted July 14, 2007
I am a former 8th grade student of Huntington Middle School and the three years I spent there were excellent!The teachers and staff are amazing and they do not care how penurious a student is, they will make sure that each student gets a rigorous lesson each day.

Posted January 13, 2007
I attend Huntington Middle School! I am in the seventh grade. The teachers really care and wants us to succeed! Dr. Wallace, a scientist teacher, is one of the top teachers in the nation as reported by National Teachers Association! Huntington is the best! Go Vikings!

Huntington Middle School 4

Posted October 28, 2005
I've taught at Huntington for some years now and, as a teacher, I love working there. There are lots of Christian adults in the building which makes the atmosphere wonderful. Most of the students are black and many are from poorer neighborhoods, but the teachers expect THE best, not their best, so the smarter kids always feel challenged, and the slower kids at least feel capable. The kids love it. Many parents are afraid to send their kids there because Huntington is located in a poor minority community, but inside the walls it is an oasis of learning. I can't imagine teaching anywhere else.

Huntington Middle School 2

Posted March 01, 2005
My child attended Huntington before we moved to College Park Georgia. I for one felt that the teachers gave their best effort, but the problem actually lied where the parents did not respond to or communicate with the teachers. Other than that, I find that my son really learned the true meaning of Middle School from Huntington. Thanks for everything and keep up the good work.

Posted March 02, 2004
By far the best educational experience for a middle schooler, Huntington is concerned with the total development of the child. The staff (from custodians to the principal) is personally invested in providing opportunities that develop each child on an educational, social and emotional level. I think that any child who doesn't experience what Huntington offers has been deprived of the most critical developmental factor that a middle school child needs, a consistent, caring, fair but firm educational environment that stresses the importance of experiential learning.

Posted February 23, 2004
Huntinton Middle School sometimes gets a bad rap because of its location. I have found that it is the safest school in the area. The students love being there and the staff is the most caring in the city. Keep up the good work!

Huntington Middle School 4

Posted September 09, 2003
Huntington is a learning enviornment which helps children to be all that they can be. The teachers have a wealth of experices that help them to ensure that they help all kinds of children. There are many parents that think this school is not good enough or safe considereing the neighborhood but I can assure you that my child will attend this school when she gets to middle school. I have found this school to be unlike an other. The best of the rest.

Huntington Middle School
3401 Orcutt Avenue, Newport News, VA  23607
Last modified Huntington Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.