Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

Students are encouraged to be honest and tell the truth. If a child misbehaves, the parent is advised of the situation (hopefully the parent handles the situation like an adult).

Saunders Elementary is a good school. The teachers and administration staff are courteous and always helpful. The school has a great PTA that has done some wonderful things for the school. The school has a dual language program that students can learn a second language from K thru 5. Although Saunders is a good school it isn't perfect. One of the biggest issue is parents not getting involved in their child's education. Most of these parents expect the teachers to do all the teaching while they do nothing to reinforce what was taught. Like many schools in our City, we have parents who show the staff little to no respect and expect the staff to cower to them. When this does not happen, they run off and write rubbish about the school and staff. I am a parent of two girls at the school. I visit the school on occasion, I read to my daughters class, I volunteer whenever I can. if more parents did this we would have a great school instead of a good school.

The assistant principal is terrible! She is rude and seems to not like children. On the plus side, the principal and 1st grade team are great. There is a bullying problem, especially during lunch and PE (the time when there is not a lot of structure and/or supervision), that could be addressed by adding more adults who were engaged with the students during unstructured times.

The communication (or lack thereof) between the parents, administrators, and students is horrible. The ladies in the front office are very standoffish and seem to be unconcerned about any concerns parents may have. The curriculum is not challenging and my child simply does not enjoy attending this school. Parent involvement is lacking as well. I am praying I can find a new school for my son.

This school is fantastic! My son has attended for Kindergarten as well as First Grade and I have been incredibly impressed with both teachers, but mainly his first grade teacher. He's in full day TAG and I couldn't be happier with the education he's receiving. The office staff and assistant principal aren't the friendliest, but it's something I can overlook.

This is one of the most pathetic schools in this area. The teachers, the curriculum and anything else that has to do with this school is unsatisfactory. I feel like my kindergartener could learn more from my 10 month old then these pathetic excuses for teachers. Most of them come off as ignorant uneducated slackers who could care less about our child's education. It is disheartening to know that our tax dollars are going to people who see our children as tax dollars. I have had nothing but a terrible experience within this school. This is why my child will be attending another school next year and everyone I know will never attend.

Not a good school. Teachers don't listen to the children. The principal don't listen to what you have to say. Assailant principal is rude. My son went to this school for two years and both years were bad.

This school is awesome!! The office staff is friendly and helpful, and they work so efficiently together. The teachers are very knowledgeable, and enjoy theis jobs. The parent involvement is superb, and the curriculum is challenging and the kids seem to thrive at this school. There have not been any serious discipline problems, and the counselors and staff always encourage open communication and positive friendships among the students. They help the children to think before taking any action, and use positive reinforcement when the wrong decision is made. I would recommend anyone new to the area to send their children to Saunders!

This is the school I always wanted for my child. The teachers are supportive and caring, the staff looks out for the kids, and the Principal (Hochman) is the coolest, most educated, and kind principal that a kid and his parents could want. The education is top notch and parent involvement is high. The school is also safe and fosters friendships and positive peer pressure. I love Saunders Elementary!

Last modified Joseph H. Saunders Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.