Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted May 23, 2016
I have two girls at this school a 4th grader and 1st grader. They both have done very well at the school. The teachers are very responsive to questions and concerns. Both of my girls are in the Tag program, it does get challenging for them from time to time. The teachers keep communication open so we have resources to help them.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 23, 2016
I want to thank Ms. Penrose, Ms Shaw, Ms Gallegar, Ms. Myerson, and Ms. Grasser. You all are great teachers. My children enjoy going to school because of you.

Posted February 04, 2016
My 3 children went to Richneck while we were stationed in Newport News. I don't understand how it only has a rating of 5 on this site. The curriculum was challenging, but not too aggressive, the teachers and staff were wonderful every year, from the office to the individual teachers. I've had a kid in every grade level at that school, and always had a good experience. We had no problems with bullying, and they really went to great lengths to educate the kids about bullying and building up their character. I'm sad that we moved...I would have loved my younger two to finish out their grade school years at Richneck. I honestly can't think of a bad thing to say about our experience there, especially now that we have moved away and have other schools to compare it to. We miss you, Richneck!

Posted January 29, 2016
My child transferred to here and immediately improved in grades and socially. The teachers are great giving students lots of independent attention. We love it.

Posted October 02, 2015
I was worried at first when my son started attending this school. I quickly learned that there was no need to worry at all, This is an amazing school with some amazing teachers. Staff is nice and friendly and really cares about the children. The school is small and a little old, but don't let that fool you. Your child will enjoy it here. Stay involved! Be positive! It will be a great experience. I honestly don't understand why this school is rated a 5. I would give it an 8.

Posted December 03, 2014
I have had two children at Richneck in the past 5 years and we have had nothing but wonderful experiences with both of them. The teachers and staff are invested and make school fun. The principle and assistant principle are very involved I the day today workings of each classroom and make themselves approachable by being at the entrance to the school each day to greet the kids as they come in and see them off at the end of the day. The staff has also been very welcoming and provide many opportunities for parents to get involved.

Posted May 24, 2012
We're a Navy family who have had the pleasure of living in the Richneck school district! We moved here halfway through my daughter's Kindergarten year, and she's now finishing 1st grade here. She receives speech therapy as well. Richneck is an outstanding school, and we will be sad to leave this summer! Excellent teachers, outstanding speech services, wonderful principal, and great staff!

Posted October 18, 2008
Richneck is a great school. My daughter went there for 4 years and loved it. The people there are just the best people ever! If any kid wants a fun schoole they should go to Richneck

Posted July 30, 2008
This school is one of the top schools in the district. It has exceeded state standards for at least 4 years and most likely more. The teachers seem genuinely invested in the children's progress and communicate to the parents well. I would recommend this school highly.

Posted April 23, 2008
I have had nothing but wonderful experiences with Richneck. My son had many difficulties to overcome when he came to Richneck and since we've had the opportunity to work with such great teachers who care about our kids; he has been on the 'B' and 'A/B' honor roll several times now, a place that we weren't sure would be possible. Yet with the time they've taken with my son, we have seen him blossom and excel. His confidence and self esteem are high now that he has overcome many of the obstacles he once had. It is with my experience that Richneck takes every step to ensure each child's needs and helps as much as they can. As long as we, the parents and our school work together with these kids, I' sure all the kids will have a better chance of a succeeding. Keep up the great work everyone.

205 Tyner Dr, Newport News, VA  23608
Last modified Richneck Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.