Newport News, VA

Posted December 03, 2014
I have had two children at Richneck in the past 5 years and we have had nothing but wonderful experiences with both of them. The teachers and staff are invested and make school fun. The principle and assistant principle are very involved I the day today workings of each classroom and make themselves approachable by being at the entrance to the school each day to greet the kids as they come in and see them off at the end of the day. The staff has also been very welcoming and provide many opportunities for parents to get involved.

Posted May 24, 2012
We're a Navy family who have had the pleasure of living in the Richneck school district! We moved here halfway through my daughter's Kindergarten year, and she's now finishing 1st grade here. She receives speech therapy as well. Richneck is an outstanding school, and we will be sad to leave this summer! Excellent teachers, outstanding speech services, wonderful principal, and great staff!

Posted February 09, 2009

Richneck Elementary School 0

Posted October 18, 2008
Richneck is a great school. My daughter went there for 4 years and loved it. The people there are just the best people ever! If any kid wants a fun schoole they should go to Richneck

Posted July 30, 2008
This school is one of the top schools in the district. It has exceeded state standards for at least 4 years and most likely more. The teachers seem genuinely invested in the children's progress and communicate to the parents well. I would recommend this school highly.

Richneck Elementary School 0

Posted April 23, 2008
I have had nothing but wonderful experiences with Richneck. My son had many difficulties to overcome when he came to Richneck and since we've had the opportunity to work with such great teachers who care about our kids; he has been on the 'B' and 'A/B' honor roll several times now, a place that we weren't sure would be possible. Yet with the time they've taken with my son, we have seen him blossom and excel. His confidence and self esteem are high now that he has overcome many of the obstacles he once had. It is with my experience that Richneck takes every step to ensure each child's needs and helps as much as they can. As long as we, the parents and our school work together with these kids, I' sure all the kids will have a better chance of a succeeding. Keep up the great work everyone.

Richneck Elementary School 2

Posted March 31, 2008

Richneck Elementary School 1

Posted September 08, 2005
I feel that the academic quality is poor. My step-child transferred in the middle of the forth quarter of her second grade year because her father and I deployed to Afghanistan. Because she came from Hawaii (which was supposedly behind the Virginia school system), she was told that she had to repeat the second grade. Well now she's in the third grade in North Carolina. She is struggling in Math. The same material she covered two years ago while in Hawaii, she doesn't have a clue about now. Her repeating the second grade was a waist of time. She regressed instead of moving forward. I hope in the future Richneck Elementary makes the right decision for the child and not worry about inconveniencing the teacher! I hope my reply is taken in a negative way, now they will see how I feel having to reteach her everything!

Richneck Elementary School
205 Tyner Drive, Newport News, VA  23608
Last modified Richneck Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Richneck Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top