Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted June 13, 2016
Mrs Nemo took the time to show her different strategies to conquer her weaknesses. Her reading level went up dramatically.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted June 13, 2016
I want to thank Mrs Nemo for being a mentor and role model for my daughter. She has learned so much from Mrs Nemo. I am so proud of her. I know Elizabeth will remember as one of her best teachers.

Posted July 23, 2015
This school defiantly struggles with funding but they staff and teachers are awesome. My daughter love all the teachers she has had in the last 3 years attending

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted July 23, 2015
There have been many time on the afternoon announcements I have heard the principle praising students good behavior and honesty.

Posted November 12, 2014
Sanford Elementary is an excellent school. I am the parent of three young students. All of whom have attended Sanford. The teachers are excellent and the entire school strives for excellence everyday. My children have been encouraged and challenged in their studies every day. My Young students enjoy school and are eager to bring me their homework folders and report cards.

Posted July 11, 2011
All 3 of my children have attended Sanford throughout the past 10 years. We have found every teacher to be caring, encouraging, challenging, and enthusiastic. We have experienced the gifted program, as well as, the special education program through our children. The staff really cares about the individual child, their needs always being met. Parental involvement is encouraged, from the classroom to different programs throughout the year. The Accelerated Reader Program is exceptional, even allowing children to access the program from their home computer. Sanford is a warm, welcoming school filled with an excellent staff.

Posted January 06, 2010
Sanford is an amazing school. Prior to this school year my husband and I were comparing the private schools in the area and to be fair decided to pay a visit to the public school in our zone. On my first visit to Sanford I was blown away by how involved the Principal and the office staff were. From the experience on my visit I knew that Sanford was where I wanted my son to be. I have had the opportunity on several occasions to interact with several Kindergarten teachers and their assistants, they are all creative, fun, individuals that foster a welcoming learning environment.

Posted July 27, 2009
Our daughter attended Sanford after being in Private School for 4 years. Her teacher was amazing--loving, caring, and reached her students on many different levels. I was very impressed with her. I did not like that the Accelerated Reader Program was not encouraged. I also was not impressed with the PTA. We were never notified of meetings or encouraged to help or volunteer at all. It seemed very clickish and not warm and welcoming to newcomers.

Posted September 18, 2008
This is a great school! Both of my kids went there and it was truly awesome. The staff was great and so were the teachers.

Posted May 01, 2005
Many students enter leave during school year (military families). Teachers are genuinely concerned about students. Music & art available. Sports for upper elementary. Pull-out program for gifted students beginning in kindergarten.

480 Colony Rd, Newport News, VA  23602
Last modified T. Ryland Sanford Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.