Newport News, VA

Posted November 12, 2014
Sanford Elementary is an excellent school. I am the parent of three young students. All of whom have attended Sanford. The teachers are excellent and the entire school strives for excellence everyday. My children have been encouraged and challenged in their studies every day. My Young students enjoy school and are eager to bring me their homework folders and report cards.

Posted July 11, 2011
All 3 of my children have attended Sanford throughout the past 10 years. We have found every teacher to be caring, encouraging, challenging, and enthusiastic. We have experienced the gifted program, as well as, the special education program through our children. The staff really cares about the individual child, their needs always being met. Parental involvement is encouraged, from the classroom to different programs throughout the year. The Accelerated Reader Program is exceptional, even allowing children to access the program from their home computer. Sanford is a warm, welcoming school filled with an excellent staff.

Posted January 06, 2010
Sanford is an amazing school. Prior to this school year my husband and I were comparing the private schools in the area and to be fair decided to pay a visit to the public school in our zone. On my first visit to Sanford I was blown away by how involved the Principal and the office staff were. From the experience on my visit I knew that Sanford was where I wanted my son to be. I have had the opportunity on several occasions to interact with several Kindergarten teachers and their assistants, they are all creative, fun, individuals that foster a welcoming learning environment.

T. Ryland Sanford Elementary School 4

Posted July 27, 2009
Our daughter attended Sanford after being in Private School for 4 years. Her teacher was amazing--loving, caring, and reached her students on many different levels. I was very impressed with her. I did not like that the Accelerated Reader Program was not encouraged. I also was not impressed with the PTA. We were never notified of meetings or encouraged to help or volunteer at all. It seemed very clickish and not warm and welcoming to newcomers.

Posted September 18, 2008
This is a great school! Both of my kids went there and it was truly awesome. The staff was great and so were the teachers.

Posted May 28, 2008

T. Ryland Sanford Elementary School 4

Posted May 01, 2005
Many students enter leave during school year (military families). Teachers are genuinely concerned about students. Music & art available. Sports for upper elementary. Pull-out program for gifted students beginning in kindergarten.

T. Ryland Sanford Elementary School
480 Colony Road, Newport News, VA  23602
Last modified T. Ryland Sanford Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
T. Ryland Sanford Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top