Newport News, VA
Students enrolled: 1,608

Posted August 10, 2013
I'm currently a rising junior in the IB program, and I think people underestimate Warwick. Yes, the students who aren't in the IB program might learn more at a different school, but the advantages and academics of IB highly outweigh the negatives of the rest of the school. Could it be better? Of course. Some teachers aren't the best, and you're on your own a lot. But that's the same as other schools who are ranked top tier. So give Warwick a chance, you might just like it :)

Posted June 23, 2013
I have been a student at Warwick in the Pre-I.B. Program (International Baccalaureate) . I feel live I've learned things and managed to have some school spirit. I can honestly say that more often than not, I actually enjoyed my school day, and that is more than most high school students can say. Each day is interesting, to say the least. The expectations of students are beyond high in the I.B. program. Many of Warwick's sports teams are exceptional. Overall, Warwick High School is the place to be- needless to say, I will be continuing my education at Warwick in the I.B. Program.

Posted October 30, 2009
As the parent of a freshman, I have been very impressed so far with the quality of teaching, the vast course offerings and the new leadership in the school.

Posted August 08, 2009
This was a good school at one time, but the lack of concern and help by the IB counselor and director is very disappointing and unacceptable. There is also an integrity issue with some of the teachers, which is greatly disturbing since they are setting the example. These are high school students but they are still students, learning how to learn and be a productive member of society. We owe them more than they are getting at Warwick! If we had to do it over again we would have never chosen Warwick.

Posted June 02, 2009
I'm impressed with the education my daughter received from Warwick. She has accomplished grades and the attention she deserved. She is s enior this year and we proud she attended Warwick High. I graduated from Ferguson and am very please with the outcome

Posted February 21, 2009
A good IB school. Home of the original Raiders!

Posted December 06, 2005
A truely great school for quality education. Home of the IB program for newport news. The teachers are well qualified and encouraging and the school works with the kids to tailor a quality education that helps them be prepared for future education. My son left this school when we moved and for a school that started 3 weeks later thent eh school we moved to he was WEEKS ahead in all his classes and had more understanding then the other kids to where we moved that had been taking the classes alot longer then him. I highly recommend this school!

Posted August 06, 2005
My daughter is currently enrolled in the IB program at Warwick. She loves the program and is doing great. The classes are challenging but are also rewarding as test results come in and college credit is recieves. Many parents are involved in the IB program with fundrasiers, parties, and other such events. There is many extracirricular programs and some great sports teams. Warwick has recently been rates #82 high school in the nation.

51 Copeland Lane, Newport News, VA  23601
Last modified Warwick High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Warwick High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top