Newport News, VA

Willis A. Jenkins Elementary School 4

Posted November 27, 2013
My grandkids just started this school year and I am somewhat impressed by what I have seen so far. Their homework challenges them to use their God given talent to apply themselves. The principal is very positive and seems to be perfect for the children.

Willis A. Jenkins Elementary School 1

Posted May 10, 2013
I am a parent of a student that has attended this school for the last 3 years and I will tell you that I am very dissapointed in the education that my child recieves from this school. My son has had one good teacher at jenkins and one that was ok and one that was just a horrible teacher. My son is advanced in almost every subject and the school cant challenge him in anyway. This school focuses to much on the SOLs that the children do not get a strong education. The PTA likes to use the kids as a way to get the parents to attend what is suppose to be a kid related event, like a chorus concert or something and they turn it into a PTA meeting. Really dissapointed and I hope the eventually shut this school down. They lost there title one funding because the teachers dont care to teach and this kids are not learning. such a shame our kids are not being educated correctly.

Willis A. Jenkins Elementary School 2

Posted January 18, 2009
I was so glad to get my kids out of that school. I had 3 kids there and we only stayed 1/2 year. One of the three teachers was really good and the office admin staff were very friendly, but otherwise I was quite disappointed in the school. I felt like every time I went in there students were wondering the halls and teachers always seemed to be yelling at students. I hope things are starting to improve with a new principal and assistant principal.

Willis A. Jenkins Elementary School

Posted May 13, 2008
I am a parent and I have to say that I absolutly love Jenkins. The teachers and other staff are wonder. My daughter is in kindergarden and is doing a wonderful job. Also both her teacher and the teacher's assistant were teacher of the year which made me even prouder. I wouldnt change schools for the world but I did recently move to a different district so my daughter has to go to a different school. But we will be back to visit her teachers next year and her friends(whom she loves so much)

Willis A. Jenkins Elementary School 5

Posted March 23, 2007
Jenkins is a wonderful school. We have a very positive working enviornment. The administration is supportive of the faculty and the staff. The teachers are warm and creative and they place high importance on the needs of the students. The parents are very involved with the school activities and they are to be commended for their active roles. It really makes a difference for a child when there is parental support. I am a teacher and if you are a parent looking for a school that cares about its students, I invite to visit Jenkins. We are trying hard to make a difference in the life of each child.

Willis A. Jenkins Elementary School
80 Menchville Road, Newport News, VA  23602
Last modified Willis A. Jenkins Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Willis A. Jenkins Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top