Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Parents if you care about your children education do not send your child here!!!!!!! My son has been here for less than two months and I have not had anything but horrible experiences. Lets begin with the first day he attended. I was introduced to his teacher who gave me the I don't have time for you attitude. For the next few days she sent my asthmatic child outside against the instruction of the nurse, wouldn't allow my child to go to the restroom causing him to use it on himself, talked badly to my child and when I confronted her on all of the above she decided to talk bad about me to my child. Apparently these teachers are not used to a parent that is actively involved in their childs education and well being. I switched him out of her class within the first week of him being at the school. My child coming from a tag program and making honor roll has dropped ALL grades less than two months of being here. The administration assumes no responsibility and you are always referred back to the teachers. The whole ora of the school is as if these teachers want the students to fail. They get mad if you ask questions, give you the run around and do not answer any questions asked. I cannot wait to pull my child out of this hell hole. DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO THIS SCHOOL IF IT IS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My grandkids just started this school year and I am somewhat impressed by what I have seen so far. Their homework challenges them to use their God given talent to apply themselves. The principal is very positive and seems to be perfect for the children.

I am a parent of a student that has attended this school for the last 3 years and I will tell you that I am very dissapointed in the education that my child recieves from this school. My son has had one good teacher at jenkins and one that was ok and one that was just a horrible teacher. My son is advanced in almost every subject and the school cant challenge him in anyway. This school focuses to much on the SOLs that the children do not get a strong education. The PTA likes to use the kids as a way to get the parents to attend what is suppose to be a kid related event, like a chorus concert or something and they turn it into a PTA meeting. Really dissapointed and I hope the eventually shut this school down. They lost there title one funding because the teachers dont care to teach and this kids are not learning. such a shame our kids are not being educated correctly.

I was so glad to get my kids out of that school. I had 3 kids there and we only stayed 1/2 year. One of the three teachers was really good and the office admin staff were very friendly, but otherwise I was quite disappointed in the school. I felt like every time I went in there students were wondering the halls and teachers always seemed to be yelling at students. I hope things are starting to improve with a new principal and assistant principal.

I am a parent and I have to say that I absolutly love Jenkins. The teachers and other staff are wonder. My daughter is in kindergarden and is doing a wonderful job. Also both her teacher and the teacher's assistant were teacher of the year which made me even prouder. I wouldnt change schools for the world but I did recently move to a different district so my daughter has to go to a different school. But we will be back to visit her teachers next year and her friends(whom she loves so much)

Jenkins is a wonderful school. We have a very positive working enviornment. The administration is supportive of the faculty and the staff. The teachers are warm and creative and they place high importance on the needs of the students. The parents are very involved with the school activities and they are to be commended for their active roles. It really makes a difference for a child when there is parental support. I am a teacher and if you are a parent looking for a school that cares about its students, I invite to visit Jenkins. We are trying hard to make a difference in the life of each child.

Last modified Willis A. Jenkins Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.