Newport News, VA

Posted March 16, 2014
This is an amazing school , full of passionate, engaged teachers a , thoughtful staff and provides a warm caring environment coupled with high standards of learning. I feel truly lucky that 2 of my children have been there over the last three years. What us apparent is the schools continual striving to achieve and their willingness to try different methods to ensure the children have an optimal experience, ex. Teachers looping with children , new techniques ex balance balls in class, brain gym to center children and the list goes on. I can't say enough what a wonderful school this has been. I love it!

Posted February 05, 2014
My son has been going there for three years now and enjoys it. He has had one teacher that I thought was not very good but the other two were great. He is more involved now than before and has come out of his shell. I love the school so much that I applied for his sister to go there.

Deer Park Elementary School 3

Posted October 07, 2013
Good school but classes are rather large (24 students compared to 16 at her zoned school) and not as much individual attention, its easy for a struggling child to fall behind due to limited time with teachers.

Deer Park Elementary School 4

Posted February 23, 2013
We have had mostly positive experiences with Deer Park. There are really some caring, gifted teachers there that obviously have a passion for teaching. As with anything, we have had the bad teacher experience but this is not the norm here. Some staff not too professional but the majority are and seem to care about the kids. Public school in general is too political these days.

Posted August 26, 2004
My oldest daughter went to Deer Park for 4 years and my youngest for 1. (We moved out of the area). My children and I truly enjoyed the environmental science magnet school. Teachers were well suited for their task. We had two principals during their attendance and both were open and available when needed. Animals running free in the class room (rabits) may not be for all, but my girls loved it. Since volunteering in required via signed contract, parent involvement is high and results in many child/parent projects during and after school.

Posted February 23, 2004
- a former student
I was in Deer Park for grades 3, 4, and 5. I never wanted to go home. I had a great day. My teachers were wonderfull and the activities such as monthy hikes to the Virgina Living Museum made school days interesing. I am now in 6th grade and I really miss Deer Park.

Deer Park Elementary School 4

Posted September 06, 2003
Deer Park Elementary is a elementary Magnet for Earth Science. They offer an above average program considering their a public school. Deer Park is a fully accredited in Newport News where only 50% of the schools are fully accredited.

Deer Park Elementary School
11541 Jefferson Ave, Newport News, VA  23601
Last modified Deer Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Deer Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top