Newport News, VA

Posted October 11, 2014
The staff are friendly and really care about the son is enrolled now and they love him to pieces.i will give the school staff a A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Posted October 29, 2010
My 3 children went to Greenwood for a combine 4 years. I have recently moved and by comparison I have yet to find a school that compares to the staff or the education that is provided at this school that is remotely close to this school. Every one is caring and loving to every child that comes in the door from the principal all the way down to the custodial staff. They are very family oriented and are willing to work with parents to ensure children have the best education and experience through out their lives. Our family LOVE's Greenwood and are actually considering moving back just for this school.

Posted October 09, 2010
Greenwood Elementary is in a very challenging and transient community, and even with all these extra needs the staff at Greenwood Elementary especially the new principal Mrs. Karen Lynch and the assistant Mr. Reggie Alston are a great combination for the school. My child is in the fourth grade and I have seen nothing but more improvement and hard work come from the teaching and administrative staff. They have maintained their AYP and have had their teacher undergo training to improve on their teaching skills. We were a family that came from a local magnet school that just didn't live up to its reputation...but Greenwood really has the best that Newport News has to offer!

Oliver C. Greenwood Elementary School 4

Posted May 13, 2008
I have had a good overall experience with greenwood. My daughter has been going there since last year and has done really well. I love the people who work there, I have gotten good assistance when needed. KUDOS to thee staff!

Posted March 02, 2008
My first grader had been in private schools until this year. Greenwood is wonderful for him. Although ADHD and a challenging student he has been provided great support and his self image has improved greatly with this teacher and administrative support. I have taught in public schools which have been blue ribbon Pres. award winners. Greenwood is up to these standards. Keep up the good work! Hallelujah to the teachers and whole staff... from cafeteria, aides, reading specialists, and administrators.

Oliver C. Greenwood Elementary School 1

Posted August 31, 2005
I would not send my child back to Greenwood. The teachers pushed my first grader to the side and left him to fail. We were told that he was working with a special resources teacher and at the end of the school year we were told 'sorry he was never tested for special services. I am an active parent and had been going to bimonthly parent teacher conferences and was never informed. This school is horrible for actually assisting children. The teachers hands are tied by the awful administration. SHAWNA WAHL

Oliver C. Greenwood Elementary School
13460 Woodside Lane, Newport News, VA  23608
Last modified Oliver C. Greenwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oliver C. Greenwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top