Newport News, VA
Students enrolled: 1,117

Posted December 04, 2010
I am a 6th grade student at Gildersleeve. Although I'm new i believe this school is a perfect example of a great school. Our teachers are great especially the resource classes. The extracurriculars are just icing on the cake at this school. Our academic programs are just wonderful. I being an advanced student myself find that the program does challenge even me. I am extremely proud to be a Gildersleeve Seahawk this year and the next to years to come.

Posted January 07, 2008
The teachers at Gildersleeve are great, and I really appreciated the personal touches like notes of encouragement. They were all willing to e-mail me with udpates on my childs progress often, and said thanks!

Ethel M. Gildersleeve Middle School 3

Posted September 10, 2007
I'm a student that moved into this school in 8th grade. I'm doing OK, but I'm new to this school system and I have no idea how to get involved in extra curricular activities! I wish someone would tell me without me having to go through several people to find out.

Posted September 06, 2007
My child transferred in in the middle of the year and the teachers there are wonderful. The school has a lot of parent involvement, extracurricular activities and the principal last year was awesome.

Ethel M. Gildersleeve Middle School 4

Posted March 27, 2007
This school's okay.My daughter, recentley had to move, and GMS was the new school she was enrolled in.The principals are wonderful,however, some of the teachers are, how do i say this, gag. I hate to say it but there are hardly any parents involved in this school.

Posted May 29, 2003
LOVE IT............!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Ethel M. Gildersleeve Middle School
1 Minton Dr, Newport News, VA  23606
Last modified Ethel M. Gildersleeve Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ethel M. Gildersleeve Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top