Newport News, VA

Posted June 18, 2014
Small but loving environment. The teachers are all so kind. It really is a family Christ centered environment. My child has learned so much in such a short time and I'm looking forward to many more years here.

Resurrection Lutheran School & Child Care 1

Posted March 30, 2014
A Night mare! Run while you can Teachers can not control the children. Would never recommend!

Posted August 26, 2011
My husband and I love Resurrection Lutheran School. Two of our children attended preschool there for two years each and our youngest is starting preschool there this year. The school provides a very warm and nurturing environment. Our children learned the same skills, information, etc. that our oldest child learned in first grade at a different school. Resurrection is also very flexible and accomodating of parents' schedules. I definitely recommend Resurrection to anyone who is looking for a caring, safe and happy learning environment for their child(ren).

Posted October 13, 2010
A warm, loving, Christian environment with strong academics and small classes.

Posted March 24, 2010
I transferred my 3yr old from a local daycare to RLS six months ago. Although he doesn't usually adapt well to change, he immediately fell in love with this school. It is an organized, disciplined and structured environment. His teacher and the director have gone out of their way to make him feel welcome. He has learned quite a bit and looks forward to school everyday. They provide nutritious meals and plenty of physical activity. He loves it and I am able to go to work knowing he's in a caring and loving environment.

Posted August 21, 2009
My daughter started at RLS when she turned two and half. Needless to say she is now turning 8 years old and her brother has since joined her at RLS. The staff has been absolutely wonderful to my children. They are flexible, understanding, and willing to work with you and your children. I have sought the Director's advice on more than one occasion. She is a wonderful person. I admire all the staff for their dedication to the children as well as the parents. I would recommend this school to anyone that is interested in their child(ren) getting a quality, religious based education. We are forever grateful to this school for the rock solid foundation they have provided to my children. Grateful parents of two RLS students

Resurrection Lutheran School & Child Care 4

Posted February 22, 2009
My daughter started going there over summer of 2008 for the summer camp after she turned 3. She did not like the chaos of older and younger kids mixed together, but she now loves her class with the other three year olds. It's like preschool, not just a daycare. The fees are reasonable, and she goes 3 half days a week right now. She has learnt so much. The alphabet, shapes, numbers, and so many crafts. I love how they incorporate christian principles, and sing, and she's really blossomed. They have a christmas play too, and she loved doing that. She really misses when it's not school over holidays and I think she'll love going 5 days a week once she starts school for 4 year olds in sept 09. There's only 12-13 kids in a class with a teacher and teacher's assistant, and not all the kids come all 5 days.

Posted May 18, 2007
When we arrived 3 years ago, I looked at 4 pre-schools. After visits and careful consideration, I decided on Resurrection Lutheran. I have not been disappointed. My 5 year old in pre-K is starting to read. My second child started his school career when he turned 2 and was potty trained. He has loved it too. Reasons for my choosing and staying with RLS: - Great teachers, especially the school director who is dedicated to the children beyond words. -Friendly staff - Very reasonable tuition - Flexible pre-K schedule (choice between 2 days, 3 days or 5 days a week) - Before and after school care available FT or as needed by the parents. Pay as you go. School hours 6 am to 6 pm. - Small number of children. - Expanding school: adding one grade every year from pre-K 2.5 to 5th grade.

Resurrection Lutheran School & Child Care
765 J Clyde Morris Boulevard, Newport News, VA  23601
Last modified Resurrection Lutheran School & Child Care is a Private school that serves grades PK-2
Resurrection Lutheran School & Child Care Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top