Norfolk, VA

Lafayette-Winona Middle School 3

Posted August 20, 2011
My child is a rising 8th grader this year in honor classes and I saw great improvement in this pass school year in the different school subjects and teacher involvement with the student and concern in each child learning. reading the newspaper Lafayette-Winona had the best AYP of all the Norfolk middle schools.

Posted August 19, 2011
My child attended this school for three years and it was the worst 3 years of our lives. Some teachers don't care about the students and they use profanity when addressing the kids. My child was bullied and picked on on a frequent basis. I tried transferring her and that was unsuccessful. Fights all the time, kids setting the bathroom on fire, guidance telling what a child tells them to another kid. Just an unprofessional setting. I'm happy our nightmare is over.

Posted February 04, 2011
I have a 7th grader at this school and there are so many things going on at this school that no one seems to care about. The children have absolutely no respect for the teachers and there is a fight every other day. I can certainly see why this school has lost their accreditation. This school reminds me of the school portrayed in the movie "Lean On Me". I am going to do everything in my power to have my child attend a private school next year. The only thing positive about this school is the After the Bell program. Alot of positive role models working there.

Posted August 30, 2009
i hate lafayette it is a dirty bad school i think they should shut taht school down the teachers are so mean to the kids they don't teach the kids like they are paid to do that school stinks the way it is builded it looks like the school will fall on the kids it is just nastey i hate that school and my child will not go to that school any more at all

Lafayette-Winona Middle School 2

Posted May 05, 2009
There are too many disrespectful children in this school which makes it hard for the best teacher to perform! If your child is not a follower and wants to succeed it will happen, but there will be distractions

Lafayette-Winona Middle School 5

Posted January 27, 2009
1st of all i luv this school and nobody can compete with us in academic levels its not the teachers fault that the student isnt getting help they choose not to get help and they choose not to do there work its middle school work if u know your child needs help with work; the teachers allow them to stay back after school its all their choice not the parents not the teachers but really i think the only problem in that school is the fact that parents dont teach their kids any home training no one is the same in that school they just need a little more attenion instead of being called the worst school ever in this districk.so if you really wanna know whats going ask yourself not the teacher what they are doing wrong besides laffayette has stepped it up a nauch we are in uniforms!

Posted November 07, 2008
this school is a very wonderful school as a long as you pay attention and be ready to learn i love this school i am going to be upet when i graduate

Lafayette-Winona Middle School 4

Posted March 18, 2006
We appreciate the ideas shared with us to help Geoffrey become more organized. Being able to organize homework, classwork and notes will aid his educational goal.

Posted March 05, 2006
i agree that this has to be one of the worst schools in our distract. i hate that my child attends this school. i told my husband we have to move just to get our daughter from this school.

Posted June 15, 2005
This is categorically the worst school in Norfolk. I am moving to another home with my family in order to give my daughter a chance for an education. I have kept her in this school for two years. It is a dangerous, unproductive environment. The teachers, guidance counselors, and administrators are arrogant, rude, incompetent, and unhelpful. Children need positive role-models in a school; these educators do not educate; in addition, they do not provide guidance for the students. I know it's sounds very negative, but this school should have a 'For Sale' sign in front of it. This school is an example of everything that is wrong in public education. Public schools are wonderful, but this one is the worst of the worst.

1701 Alsace Ave, Norfolk, VA  23509
Last modified Lafayette-Winona Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lafayette-Winona Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top