Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Hi! I am a 7th grader in Blair middle school. My experience here at Blair has been fair. I am enrolled in this schools PMHE or Pre-Med program and I love it! The teachers are very easy to understand and pay attention to, as long as you are dedicated to your education. I am also taking high school credit bearing classes which will be very useful in high school when I graduate. The faculty are friendly and easy to get along with as long as you focus on your work. However, there are a few drawbacks. Fighting is a big issue at Blair. The security handles these situatiins well. The students here see faculty as more like a friend that, well faculty. This also causes problems. Students do not respect the teachers so they don't pay attention to the lessons, which causes their grades to drop. I don't believe that we have as many seminars as we should. There are many negative influences outside of the building and since they are outside they are not addressed. Many kids that I know skip class, sometimes even to do drugs and the has not been addressed. I knew of many students in the 6th grade that were ( I also attended Blair last year ) were using some form of a drug , having sex, and/or skipping school all together, and this was very briefly addressed. I think those serious problems, deserved more than a "don't do this". I believe Blair should keep its great learning programs, but they should also add new more creative and/or beneficial programs as well. Especially for those who are identified as at risk. Thank you!

For such a large school, my child has flourished from the diverse atmosphere as well as the enthusiastic & determined teachers. She also has made lifelong friends to take on to high school and after.

I went to school in Nashville, TN before I moved here in 7th grade because my dad is in the military. I was terrified because I didn't know anyone and the school was so huge, but the guidance and staff really helped me learn my way around. The teachers are so encouraging, they make class fun but challenging. There is quiet a few fights but all schools have fights. The guidance and deens really urge us to talk thingsout however. I'm now in 8th grade and I think i'm really prepared for highschool, seeing as thoigj I've already took multiple highschool classes. You can stay after with your teachers for extra help almost any day & they have many etra curricular activities you can do i.e. french, latin, spanish, buissness, pe, health, etc. This is the best school i've ever been to (and trust me i've been to alot) Most of the familiesare milotary and the kids really understand eaeach other. The school is just beautiful inside and out. If I had to pick one school to stay at, it would be Blair!

A great school if your kids is in the pre-med/science/engineering program and/or any honors classes. Great arts program especially the chorus program.

blair middle is the best love it the grade she bring in is amazing and she is taking before and after only thing is they dont wear uniform

This school is the best school in all of the world. The teachers are so nice. We are seperated into clusters in 6th grade. Very great school. :)

my daughter will be attending blair next year and children only act as taught at home my daughter will be coming from james monroe elem and i look forward to her success at blair this upcoming year.

I believe Middle School is difficult for most children at some point, it's a difficult age. That being said, you get out of your education, what you put into it. This is my son's second year at Blair, and we don't regret a moment of it. He is receiving an excellent education and a great social experience. There are many (free) after school clubs that he can be involved in, and when he is having difficulty understanding a subject, he can stay after for additional help. The administrators are very hands on and encouraging to the children and parents.

I was worried when my daughter entered Blair because of the size of the school, however, the admin does a wonderful job of breaking it down. My daughter got the opportunity to take high school credit classes here, there were dances, and after school activities to be involved with. Her teachers would post grades online, so I instantly knew where she was in her classes and was able to keep up with the day to day after I got home from work. I think I had more difficulty with the social aspect of middle school and all the things that come along with that awkward time in life rather than any issues with the school itself. That, however, is something that boys and girls encounter at any school. 11,12, 13, and 14 are difficult times in life. There is an online network that lets parents know what PTA help is needed.

This is an excellent school. I would like to re-enroll my doughter in the Blair Midle School starting with begginning of March 2010. She was student untill february 2009 when she went to Romania, but on 25 February she will return in Norfolk.

Last modified Blair Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.