Norfolk, VA
Students enrolled: 1,194

Posted September 03, 2014
For such a large school, my child has flourished from the diverse atmosphere as well as the enthusiastic & determined teachers. She also has made lifelong friends to take on to high school and after.

Posted March 31, 2014
I went to school in Nashville, TN before I moved here in 7th grade because my dad is in the military. I was terrified because I didn't know anyone and the school was so huge, but the guidance and staff really helped me learn my way around. The teachers are so encouraging, they make class fun but challenging. There is quiet a few fights but all schools have fights. The guidance and deens really urge us to talk thingsout however. I'm now in 8th grade and I think i'm really prepared for highschool, seeing as thoigj I've already took multiple highschool classes. You can stay after with your teachers for extra help almost any day & they have many etra curricular activities you can do i.e. french, latin, spanish, buissness, pe, health, etc. This is the best school i've ever been to (and trust me i've been to alot) Most of the familiesare milotary and the kids really understand eaeach other. The school is just beautiful inside and out. If I had to pick one school to stay at, it would be Blair!

Posted September 15, 2013
A great school if your kids is in the pre-med/science/engineering program and/or any honors classes. Great arts program especially the chorus program.

Posted November 29, 2011
This school is the best school in all of the world. The teachers are so nice. We are seperated into clusters in 6th grade. Very great school. :)

Posted June 01, 2011
my daughter will be attending blair next year and children only act as taught at home my daughter will be coming from james monroe elem and i look forward to her success at blair this upcoming year.

Posted March 17, 2011
I believe Middle School is difficult for most children at some point, it's a difficult age. That being said, you get out of your education, what you put into it. This is my son's second year at Blair, and we don't regret a moment of it. He is receiving an excellent education and a great social experience. There are many (free) after school clubs that he can be involved in, and when he is having difficulty understanding a subject, he can stay after for additional help. The administrators are very hands on and encouraging to the children and parents.

Posted August 13, 2010
I was worried when my daughter entered Blair because of the size of the school, however, the admin does a wonderful job of breaking it down. My daughter got the opportunity to take high school credit classes here, there were dances, and after school activities to be involved with. Her teachers would post grades online, so I instantly knew where she was in her classes and was able to keep up with the day to day after I got home from work. I think I had more difficulty with the social aspect of middle school and all the things that come along with that awkward time in life rather than any issues with the school itself. That, however, is something that boys and girls encounter at any school. 11,12, 13, and 14 are difficult times in life. There is an online network that lets parents know what PTA help is needed.

Blair Middle School 0

Posted February 11, 2010
This is an excellent school. I would like to re-enroll my doughter in the Blair Midle School starting with begginning of March 2010. She was student untill february 2009 when she went to Romania, but on 25 February she will return in Norfolk.

Blair Middle School 2

Posted June 05, 2009
I have 2 children that go here. The teacher have no control for the student body. My child has come home many a times that he can not learn due to the behavior of other students. Fights is an everyday happening. Very dissapointed!!! Only send your children here unless you have to!!

Blair Middle School 3

Posted February 14, 2009
I am a former student at BMS. I was there from 6-7 grade but transferred to Meadowbrook because there wasnt enough challenge and half of the student popualtion is rude. I liked my teachers both years becasue they were caring and nice. The only problem was the way people would treat each other. There were fights every day. So i would be carefull before going to Blair.

Blair Middle School
730 Spotswood Ave, Norfolk, VA  23517
Last modified Blair Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Blair Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top