Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

This is our first and sadly only year at Camp Allen. My prek student has grown so much and was absolutely nourished at this school! And it is all thanks to her WONDERFULLY teacher Ms. Karen Lee!!! She is absolutely brilliant and she loves the kids so much!!! My daughter explained to me what molting was the other day... How many four year olds know that! I can't say much for the administration of the older grade teachers, but Ms. Lee rocks and my daughters experience at Camp Allen has been awesome!! We will definitely be sad to leave next year!!

Develops character: Strongly agree

They learn to take turns and treat others they way they want to be treated.

Each day my child is greeted at the front door of the building and welcomed in. She comes home excited each day about what she is learning at school and the new friends she is making. She is every excited about being in the "orange house" and comes home each week telling me which house is in the lead. There are some great things going on at Camp Allen!

Amount of homework: Disagree

sometimes homework is given. sometimes its was forgotten. but if you dont do it you better watch out

Develops character: Strongly disagree

No not at all! this school seems not to care about the students. My child has seen another child get get pulled down the hallway kicking and scream by their hair, they saw children threaten to get hit and my child got yelled at for giving a teacher a flower.

I had 3 children in this school from special needs to honor roll. Everyday they would come home and cry asking me to let them be homeschooled because of how awful their experience was.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

all the teachers I have come in contact a this school act like they hate their jobs and they look irritated with the children everyday its very upsetting to see this.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school and it's principals try to foster inclusive meritocracy, fairness, good will, integrity, etc.

I agree...the first years were ok, but this year was unbearable. Often the school closes before the children get home (looking for the late bus, I will call the school to find they have gone home). There is no school nurse, I have found the office staff attempting to assist ill children. There has been a volunteer who constantly yelled at the children. The BIG DEAL came when my son was supposed to stay after school for SOL remediation, and although I confirmed this with several people, they still sent my son home alone and completely unsupervised. They did not advise me that my son was home until he was already there! I will be sending my children to another district next year.

First couple years the school was great, past couple years though it has changed. The office staff and principal do not greet people and look annoyed as if you are bothering them when you come into their office for any matter. They have been very rude at times, and brush people off. They are late sending paper work home for any upcoming announcements. For example, we did not receive information about the school adding minutes after school for making up the snow days. We got the paper the second day this went into effect. Some of the teachers have been helpful, but others have no time to even bother communicating with you about your child's education. They communicate when it is too late and your child is behind. I have seen a teacher belittling a child, telling the student to let her hold his hand like a three year old. This child was at least in the first or second grade. That is not a way to talk to the students. Some of their subjects have not even met accreditation. They do minimal work around here, other public schools nearby are more advanced. Hopefully they structure their staff, and become a better learning environment. The students deserve better!

Last modified Camp Allen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.