Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Camp Allen Elementary School 5

Posted June 13, 2016
This is our first and sadly only year at Camp Allen. My prek student has grown so much and was absolutely nourished at this school! And it is all thanks to her WONDERFULLY teacher Ms. Karen Lee!!! She is absolutely brilliant and she loves the kids so much!!! My daughter explained to me what molting was the other day... How many four year olds know that! I can't say much for the administration of the older grade teachers, but Ms. Lee rocks and my daughters experience at Camp Allen has been awesome!! We will definitely be sad to leave next year!!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted June 13, 2016
Ms. Lee!! The absolute best teacher around!! My prek student didn't just learn her letters and numbers. She learned science and social studies, she learned addition and patterns, she learned to be obedient and to listen... She learned compassion and love... All from ms Lee... They raised frogs and butterflies and released them into nature... My 4 year old know what molting is!!! Do you?? I can not say enough amazing things about Ms Lee! She has been awesome and has tamed my unruly dragon and taught her how to be a young lady.. Before prek I was very afraid to put my child into school because she just didn't listen and she didn't know anything... But next year, we can move onto kindergarten without fear... Because Ms. Lee have her everything she needs to succeed! I am going to miss this amazing teacher next year!!! If I could, I would hire her as my daughters personal tutor!! She is worthy of it!!! We love you ms. Lee!!!!

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted June 13, 2016
Every morning they do a response called the affirmation... It say "I know my worth, I am brilliant and highly capable, I have the ability to do anything I set my mind on achieving, I can learn anything, I am a Camp Allen Elementary School Dragon. One team! One mission! Excellence!"

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 13, 2016
They learn to take turns and treat others they way they want to be treated.

Camp Allen Elementary School 5

Posted November 21, 2015
Each day my child is greeted at the front door of the building and welcomed in. She comes home excited each day about what she is learning at school and the new friends she is making. She is every excited about being in the "orange house" and comes home each week telling me which house is in the lead. There are some great things going on at Camp Allen!

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted July 24, 2015
sometimes homework is given. sometimes its was forgotten. but if you dont do it you better watch out

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted July 24, 2015
NO! theses teachers seems to do whatever they can just to get through the day to go home.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted July 24, 2015
you have to earn respect. right? well not at this school. they have a lot of discipline assemblies and teachers belittle students

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted July 24, 2015
diagree 100%! my children and other children have been bullied by teachers and students. Everyone seems to hate their jobs. very lazy

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted July 24, 2015
No not at all! this school seems not to care about the students. My child has seen another child get get pulled down the hallway kicking and scream by their hair, they saw children threaten to get hit and my child got yelled at for giving a teacher a flower.

501 C St., Norfolk, VA  23505
Last modified Camp Allen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.