Norfolk, VA

Willard Model Elementary School 1

Posted January 07, 2015
Teachers need to be careful wot there words amd how the speak to children. Teachers are supposed to be role models for are chikdren and outti g forth effort if a student isnt able to do so.....stuff def needs to change and have more teachers on board for the ones that need the extra work.

Willard Model Elementary School 2

Posted January 04, 2015
I was very excited about this school until my son actually started. I believe the teachers care about the students but I did not get that same feeling from the principal, Mrs. Honeycutt. The classrooms are very large and the discipline issues are overwhelming.

Posted May 14, 2012
My oldest child has attended Willard since Kindergarten, and is a current fifth grader. We love this school, and feel like it is a family-friendly atmosphere. The PTA is doing so much for the children, and the teachers and staff are truly caring. I am considering private school for middle school, but will keep my younger children in this wonderful NPS school until then.

Posted April 21, 2009

Posted November 10, 2008
The school has a warmth to it the minute you walk in. It is a great place for children to learn.

Posted September 19, 2008
This is one of the Best schools in my area, the staff has an excellent dedication to it's students and their families for parental and family envolvement. My daughter loves it and her 'special teacher' as she states.

Posted October 01, 2006
I have 2 children at this school and this is the best school I have had my children in keep up the good work

Posted September 12, 2006
It is there special needs iep programe that is top notch!!!! mr. Baxendel saves lifes. teachers rate 100%you go mr. Bax! marie haskell

Posted July 08, 2004
Willard is a wonderful school. They truly believe in excelling and do provide extra help for students who are behind. Most parents that complain are the ones who never take time to help their child and rely on the school systme to do everything. I would recommend Willard to anyone living in the area. There is diversity amongst the faculty, staff, and students.

Posted May 20, 2004
I have had two daughters at Willard for a combined total of 12 years, and, for the most part, have been pleased. My older daughter had 3 perfect scores on her 5th grade SOL tests and is now completing 6th grade and has never made anything but A's. My younger daughter also is making mostly straight A's, and has had good experiences at Willard. My children are in the minority at Willard, and I see no signs of discrimination toward them or other minorities. Both daughters have had some excellent teachers and some average ones, but, overall, our experiences have been good. They have also had good opportunities for extra-curricular activities, such as athletics, art, drama, dance and leadership development.

Willard Model Elementary School
1511 Willow Wood Dr, Norfolk, VA  23509
Last modified Willard Model Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Willard Model Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top