Norfolk, VA
Students enrolled: 2,076

Granby High School 2

Posted December 03, 2014
I have not been impressed with this school since my kids have started. My son used profanity on the base while singing a song and was reprimanded which is fine. His punishment was 5 days OSS which was ridiculous! No warning and another child did the same thing that week and received much lighter punishment. It's a shame the school administration isn't better. High School is a great time in a teens life and I think Granby leaves a lot to be desired.

Posted December 04, 2013
If you have attended Granby for 3.5 years, as you claim, you should be a senior by now, not a junior, being as it takes only 3 years and 9months to graduate high school from start to finish. On a side note, incomparable means NOT comparable to said object, as the prefix in- means "opposite of" the word it precedes. The correct word was comparable, as your point was that Granby could be accurately compared to a public zoo (which, by the way, couldn't have been a less truthful statement, especially if you take the time to compare Granby's disciplinary records with other schools in the area). I think you should spend a little more time involving yourself in your studies and less time worrying about who fought who today, and I am sure you would find your experience at Granby, as with anything else in life, to be much more positive and successful.

Granby High School 1

Posted November 13, 2013
This school itself is not too bad, no, decent even. However in the past three and a half years(Junior) in Granby High School- I have experienced that the learning environment is rather uncivilized and incomparable to a public zoo.

Posted June 22, 2013
very good school near my area, is my first year and i like it so far. make the best out of it :)

Posted October 13, 2010
Granby High School provides my children a great learning environment, a variety of academic and athletic options and the teachers are one of a kind.

Granby High School 0

Posted October 12, 2010
Many great, dedicated teachers.

Granby High School 3

Posted August 23, 2010
I would say that if your child is in the advanced classes, both gifted, AP, honors, and IB, then this school will offer a great education. But if your child is not in that track, you may want to consider something else. I am mostly concerned about the violence my daughter lives with daily at the school and I fear for her safety. Even though she is taking all advanced classes all day, she is still exposed to much more than we wanted her to be.

Posted February 08, 2010

Posted February 02, 2010
I love granby high no its not a perfect school but none are. I'm only a freshman so I know there's still a lot to learn about granby. But I wouldn't trade this freshman year for any other school. I can't wait I got three years left and I'm happy there gonna be at granby.

Posted January 12, 2010
I love working at Granby High School. My co-workers are fantastic; most work incredibly long hours ensuring that lesson plans are learning-centered and engaging. We often use our planning time to work together which means that grading, writing IEPs, etc. has to be done at home or on our own time. Most stay after to work with students, delaying further those things that still have to get done. The teachers don t work this hard because the paperwork needs to be pretty, but because they care about the students. The Principal and Assistant Principals clearly care about the students and staff. I wouldn't work anywhere else in Hampton Roads!

Granby High School
7101 Granby St, Norfolk, VA  23505
Last modified Granby High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Granby High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top