Bad
Good

My all 3 of my sons attended Ingleside and I was not happy with the way the staff worked or taught my children. One of my sons teacher was a total b***h! My son is v ery smart and she didnt like when he asked questions and always was sending letters home. The vice principal would always harrass my boys too. It's sad when adults have to pick on students and intimidate them. I for one always stood up for my boys and will continue to do so. End of story i now send my boys to another school and they are much happier and making A's and B's. Listen to what your kids tell you about what happened in class that day and how the teacher acted.

Both my son and daughter attended this school for grade K. I pulled them from the school to attend another district because of the lack of a positive learning environment. Two years passed and I decided to give them another chance. My son was recommended for the gifted program to only 1 week later recieve 3 F's on his report card. How does a teacher make that recommendation then fail a student. Long story short both my kids were making A's and B's before this school and I pulled them again to homeschool them. Needless to say they are now attending in another district and are back to passing grades. This school is no place to send your child if you want someone to invest and care in their educations. I drive 10 miles a day twice a day just so that my children can get the education they deserve and it is not at this school.

My children have received an excellent education at ingleside. The special ed staff offer good support for students with learning disabilities. The pre-K program is outstanding.

We moved here half way through the school year & it's my sons first year in school,btw,anyways, he LOVED school.. his old school! We enroll him here & he gets picked on constantly, the teachers don't put forth enough effort.. they expect you,the parent to do their job. I have my own little classroom set up at home and we have to do practice work assignments everyday so he just GETS IS because his teachers can't do their job correctly or just don't care to. He is now behind & they act like this is my fault.. no sir, you are the teach why on earth haven't you been teaching? Not only do I have a problem with the teachers, the office staff is rude. The school looks disgusting inside & out. The bus drivers let the children cuss,spit, scream & argue. My son never comes home happy.

I enrolled my daughter last month when my husband and I purchased a home in the district and we are not happy with it so far. My daughter has had a substitute since day 1... never had her class work checked for accuracy and the homework they are sending home... no way we can do it. She's ill equipped since there's a sub. Test are given on wrong days so she's not had the extra few days to study at home, no books to read, I have no classroom schedule and when I try to call the school I go through the automated system and never get a human on the phone. It's horrible!

Ingleside is a great school with high academic achievement. The staff demonstrate a true love for the children.

I moved to Va. in 04' my child was a straight honor roll student we enrolled her in one school not to name but they were awful. I move and enrolled in this school it was the best and it saw her talent's and she is now going to the 9th grade w/3 credit's and still an honor student. this has made her transition so nice from military school child to civilian. Thank you.

I am very disappointed in Ingleside. My daughter transfered here from a MD school and has been absolutely down about it ever since. She came here from a K class that was already reading to class that was only on the letter L in March! She's sad every day that she comes home from school. They don't play outside much and there's no creative time. The class sizes are far to large, the school grounds are dirty with broken glass and garbage scattered about. The K classroom has two large K classes stuffed into one room. Not at all conducive to a 5/6 year old's learning! I have yet to find anything at all positive about this school. My daughter used to adore going to school and learned so many things and now she begs to stay home. She used to come home singing educational songs, but here it's rap songs!

Last modified Ingleside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.