Norfolk, VA
Students enrolled: 1,685

Maury High School 2

Posted March 08, 2013
This was a great school at one time but it's one of the worst school now. Stay away from this school!

Maury High School

Posted September 17, 2009
Maury is tops in everything. It is also a school with a superb reputation. Many folks who have gone on to great success have graduated from this school. I'm proud to be a part of the faculty, and I'm proud that my daughter graduated from this school with such terrific traditional history.

Posted September 16, 2009
It's a lot more 'real' than most schools and the staff is fantastic.

Posted August 16, 2009
I wrote a message about four years ago inference to my twins, well they have graduated from the university and doing well. My youngest daughter, is now in her second year a Maury and doing very well. The majority of her teachers have been excellent. The new principal is really interested in the kids and the school has always been very responsive to any concern or question. I am looking forward to my daughter's last two years at Maury and hope she continues to excel. I would tell any parent to please discuss any problem with someone at the school. They are truly interested in your child!

Posted October 31, 2008
This school is OKAY. What I thank it needs is a BETTER principle. This priciple does not know what she is doing, the last priciple was better. He knew what to do and ho to do it. This priciple is being a little hard on these students, for example she doesn't understand some of these students get rides to school from their parent(s) and the student can not control how long it takes for them to get to school. Also the fighting situation, you(the principle) take the student out of school for as long as 10 days they atomatically fail, and that is not going to be good for this school (Maury High School)

Posted October 04, 2008
this school is not as good as it seems. some teachers are not qualified for the job mainly in math and english. i think that maury has too much spirit in the school and not enough in schoolwork

Posted March 27, 2008
The best school I've ever known. I highly recommend this instution for any student!

Posted January 21, 2008
Maury is a fantastic school with creative and caring teachers; however, I feel like the gap between student's abilities is too big and that students do not respect each other any more.

Posted September 22, 2005
My twin daughters graduated from Maury in June 2005. The both excelled in school by taking AP classes, participating in a variety of clubs due to a large number of extracurricular activities, taking challenging classes and graduated with GPAs of 3.5 and 4.01. The school changed principals and both were very good. The teachers were hard but great and placed them on the right track and prepared very well for college. They developed friendships and remain in contact with classmates now attending universities and colleges all over the country. PTA was excellent and strong. I have one more daughter, presently in middle school, and you can rest assure that hopefully a Maury Commodore she shall be! Mona Farrow

Posted August 03, 2005
Maury is the best high school in norfolk, no doubt. It's academically challenging learning setting allows is 1876 students to excel in whatever they do. I am definitely on the route to reaching my potential, and it took one year at maury to turn me into an honor roll student. I blame maury for all of my success!

Maury High School
322 Shirley Ave, Norfolk, VA  23517
Last modified Maury High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Maury High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top