Norfolk, VA

Posted December 03, 2014
My son is on a 504 plan due to chronic illness. His teachers have communicated with me via phone and email since he has been out. One of his teachers even came by the house to make sure he understood the material. They have gone above and beyond to make sure my son doesn't get left behind. I'm very impressed!

Posted November 17, 2014
I don't like this school (hate) the teachers don't pay any attention to the students and they need help a lot.And I got suspended and getting a referral because my teacher didn't let me go to the nurses office and call my parents like don't ever go to Northside

Posted November 17, 2014
Fed up with Northside staff. My son has been a target of security, the deans, and the principle himself. My son is in all honors classes and makes honor roll. He has been wrongly accused numerous times. And upon bringing proof to the school to clear him of there accusations, I was basically called a liar. I have a younger child that will never set foot in this horrible school. I will be contacting legal services next to get this corrected once and for all. I have about decided that homeschooling is the better option to Northside .

Posted October 02, 2011
I hate this school its just my first week! Im new and no one would help me catch up even the teachers!!!almost all of the students uses profane language and disrespect the teachers and teachers have no sense of humor their very strict and so serious theres no fun going to this school..believe me ive been begging my parents to let me change schools but no they dont believe me!! Every parents if youre child says they dont like the school or they hate it believe them...

Northside Middle School 2

Posted July 05, 2011
I went to Northside for only a third of the year, and i hated it. The only thing that is "decent" about the school is some of the teachers and on occasion the principle. This school is going nowhere. There are fights almost everyday and no one is disiplined. If possible, i would consider any other school over Northside.

Posted March 10, 2010
I am a parent of a 7th grader at tthis school.To say that I am unhappy is an understatement. The school is not supportive of its students. My child is in honors classes and still struggles to get help. The school is quick to punish the good kids while allowing bullying and tormenting of students. They claim to care about the children but I believe are more interested in getting parents to leave. Horrible school!!! So disappointed I wish military families had better options.

Posted June 19, 2009
An awesome amazing school and great principal just needs better school food for the kids and needs to have more time for lunch that the kids can eat in peace.

Posted May 13, 2009
As a veteran teacher and a former teacher of this school, I question what level the problem falls on (school or district). But when a school has such a large turnover rate year after year, there must be a problem. Many try to 'blame' it on being a military area, but the year I left, there were only two of us in that category. The strong focus on SOL's burned both students and teachers out. Constant testing took place throughout the year. In the math department, we didn't give unit tests because we were required to give 'tri-weekly' tests skip a week and then give part B. Out of a 9 week period we tested them for 6 of those weeks. There is new leadership now, so hopefully changes to improve the quality of education for all have been made. From my experience, I would not send my child there.

Northside Middle School 3

Posted April 08, 2009

Posted February 27, 2009

Northside Middle School
8720 Granby St, Norfolk, VA  23503
Last modified Northside Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northside Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top