Norfolk, VA
Students enrolled: 1,840

Norview High School 2

Posted October 11, 2014
Norview is not as great as people say it is as of this the 2014-15 year so far there have been so many food fights like once per day. Milks being thrown on to the central staircase 2nd floor. I fear for this school because the some of the students are on the road to self destruction and take other people with them by causing a disruptive learning environment. And I do wonder how some teachers don't see or hear any thing are they like blind or def. The administration is rather good. But the security guards are problems when they don't know the names of teachers because I was accused as of writing my own pass.

Norview High School 3

Posted August 29, 2012
Norview is a good school as a former student i know it has some issues but then again most schools do. The teachers help when they are needed and their after school activities cater to everyone. I was in their robotics program and their culinary program i would suggest this school to anyone moving to the area. I will have my children attend this school to experience the same thing i did there a warm and welcoming faculty and staff and also kids that are all willing to make friends.

Norview High School 1

Posted April 26, 2012
The administration at Norview (with scant exception) is horrible. The principal leads the tone of the administration. She talks about challenges within the community, and poor parent involvement, and yet if a parent wishes to meet with her, she will refuse, as she chooses. The school's actions are in no way congruent with its mission statement. In short, unless your child is an absolute top-performer, Norview is not a good choice. An entire class of local kids enters Norview each year, and a large number of these students leaves before graduation. It seems the school wants it this way. If you can avoid it, stay away from Norview.

Posted October 03, 2009
I went to Norview Elem., Middle and High School. All were great schools that gave me a wonderful education. My daughters and grandchildren have attended there too. I am proud to say I ma a Norview graduate!

Posted November 17, 2008
iam a cadet in the norview njrotc unit and i love every minute of it ,it gives me great leadership skills and it makes me a better student i would never quit and i love all 3 of the instructors.

Posted September 22, 2008
I give this a 5 star -- the teachers are all about education, they work with their students and stay behind when a child is needing assistance. You cant go wrong with education, support, achievements, athletics. They are here for these children.

Posted September 07, 2007
I am a graduate of Norview and I am now sending my son here as well, so far so good. The atmosphere is much calmer than his previous school and the teacher's seem to be seasoned and well qualified. Mrs. Stealey and Mr. Fraley are doing a wonderful job keeping the school safe and providing an atmosphere conducive to learning. I can't wait for a successful 2007-08 school year.

Posted September 05, 2007
Norview high school is amazing with its leadership programs and is outstanding Njrotc

Norview High School 3

Posted April 23, 2007
Norview is a great school and has an outstanding NJROTC program. With the addition of the new SNSI and NSI, they have made a huge difference in the performance of the NJROTC unit. As parents of a daughter in the NJROTC program, the instructors attempt to make each cadet feel a part of a team. Great school/great NJROTC unit!

Norview High School 4

Posted February 13, 2007
In the last couple of years the NJROTC program at Norview has grown to be the best in Norfolk. I went to Norview, my brother and Husband went to Norview, My step sons went to Norview, my son & daughters will go to Norview. My Husband and I are members of the NJROTC parent boosters. Great School........

6501 Chesapeake Blvd, Norfolk, VA  23513
Last modified Norview High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Norview High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top