Norfolk, VA
Students enrolled: 1,185

Posted November 05, 2014
I must say this school is a mess! You have children bullying, fighting, cursing, and very disrespectful! The school is full of unconcerned teachers, lazy security guards, unfair deans, and a principal who is never there to speak to you when you need it! I refuse to let my child be apart of this school because her raputation and education would be ruined! I advise anyone that care for thier child safety and education to not enroll them in this particular school! The staff is very unprofessional and there only for a pay check!

Posted September 02, 2014
This school is horrible! My sons went here and learned the worst values I have ever seen. One son failed all year and when questioned about it to the school about what the teachers were doing he came home with the last report card passing in everything g and passed hi.veto the seventh grade! This school is a joke. I was scared for my kids everyday I had to move one year was enough!

Posted April 28, 2014
This school is terrible for bullying, racism, fighting, drugs, and craziness! Most of the teachers try to do all that they can, but the white teachers are disrespected (by students and other teachers) and the black teachers just yell. There is a lot of black against white racism at all levels and the administration doesn't do anything about it. The teachers' hands are tied when it comes to getting the disruptive students out of the classrooms so the other students can learn. Some of these kids need to be sent to alternative schools. Teachers can't teach because kids are so bad and disrespectful! Too many kids don't care about school and their parents don't do anything about it at home. I can't wait to get away from this school!! Avoid this school if you value your child and their education.

Posted February 27, 2014
This school is such a joke. Sure the have the SAME academic materials as every middle school in the area but their delivery is terrible and the types of students the go there are just as bad. Granted, the old adage about how much you (your child) puts into their education determines how much they get out of it. However, the environment here breeds gangs, drugs, weapons on property and the teachers who feel as if their hands are tied on how to correct insolent behaviors. Without changes, all the children who want to learn and have abilities are succumbing to the societal norms of an inner-city school, especially since this is such an impressionable age for the kids. NPS needs to think in this century not good old 1950's and address bad behaviors with a zero tolerance policy and place THOSE insolent kids into alternative schools. So they can learn and understand in an environment they know well.

Posted October 01, 2013
I think this school should be closed down. My son went here for two years he started as a good student who liked school but after Norview he failed twice, got suspended for fighting, & began to skip school. My son had never been in a fight or missed more than 5 days for the year. Fortunately we've moved from the district because it was my daughters turn to go to norview & I really was afraid for her. If you can help it don't send your children here they go in as good innocent children & come out drop-outs with rap sheets. The staff could care less should all be fired.

Norview Middle School 4

Posted April 16, 2013
Glad I sent my child to Norview Middle School, he will leave this school this year with 6 high school credits, so for me Norview Middle does have teachers and higher ups that do care.

Posted September 27, 2012
We are new to the area, and wow they really need to get a handle on these kids. Arrival and dismissal is like being at a prison courtyard. These kids need there mouths washed out, and shame on them for talking this way with parents are around or at all for that matter. It makes me scared to know what is going on inside that building for my child. I just do not understand what is going on with this world. I know some of their parents and I know they do not let them act like this. It is horrible.

Posted September 24, 2010
This school is horrible. The teachers do not care about their students and the office staff has no interest in changing anything.

Norview Middle School 5

Posted March 30, 2010
Norview Middle School is an excellent school despite the terrible administration. How can the principal tell teachers what to do when she was a speech pathologist? To my knowledge, one who could tell teachers how to be excellent teachers should be a former teacher. Not to continue belittling the principal, the math department and science department are excellent departments. They are the threshold that holds Norview together. THey are lead by excellent department chairs and more importantly, the 6th grade team works very hard, yet they are misrepresented by administration. Overall, Norview Middle is fully accredited, not in the newspaper, and a wonderful school!

Norview Middle School 3

Posted March 09, 2010
Honestly, this school seems just as good as any other. Only I think it's horrible that I can only go to my locker at the beginning and end of school (which defeats half of the purpose of having a locker in the first place). There are too many silent lunches, but I guess that's okay because we can pass notes anyway. Also, my counselor was very supportive and helped me keep my grades up and transfer to another class that I wanted to take. Overall, this school's an average school. :D

Norview Middle School
6325 Sewells Point Rd, Norfolk, VA  23513
Last modified Norview Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Norview Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top