Norfolk, VA

Oceanair Elementary School 2

Posted June 06, 2014
I feel sorry for anyone that has to encounter or deal with the AP in this school!!!! Nasty and unprofessional, NPS you can do better!

Oceanair Elementary School 1

Posted February 23, 2013
I was getting ready to throw out the school newsletter and saw the blurp about rating the school. principal may or may not listen depends on who you are. He then may hand you to the counselor. (which is the only way to get help sometimes so I suggest you go to counselor first) Parent involvement? between the nice nasty office staff, the parernt involvement person who have no clue, and the meanest assistant principal you won't last long. After pre-k the teachers are hit or miss. There is always someone especially in cafeteria yelling at the kids. The assistant principal yell at them even with us parents there

Oceanair Elementary School 2

Posted February 22, 2013
Went to the African American History program for my grand daughter. Sat in back and listened while staff members dogged out staff and program. The children were cute but if staff don't support each other are they supporting our children.I have one granddaughter graduating this year but I wonder if my other grandaughter could do better else where.

Posted November 17, 2011
I have been a teacher at Oceanair for 3 years. I am very proud of our caring staff and administration! We go above and beyond for all of the students. We are committed to keeping out parents informed and involved. We have many family oriented after school activities and functions. We truly care about each and every one of the students succeeding academically and in life. We want our students to become citizen leaders, leading the world into new and exciting adventures. We strive to have our students think out of the box using real world situations. I honestly couldn't imagine being a teacher anywhere else. I am proud to call Oceanair Elementary my home and my family!

Posted November 13, 2011
I have been a teacher with the Norfolk Public School system for over 30 years. The last 17 years have been spent at Oceanair Elementary. We have a very hard working and dedicated staff. Their main goal is to provide quality education to ALL children while at the same time showing love and concern for their students and families in the community. We have THE BEST school in the city!

Oceanair Elementary School 0

Posted September 15, 2009
My son is in the pre-k 3 program. Ever since he started he comes home everyday tallking about how he can't wait tio go back the following day. They are so good with him especially with him having food allergies, his teacher is very careful and always checks with me before giving him something. The school is great on so many levels, to much to list.

Posted February 24, 2009
My granddaughter attended kindergarten for the 07-08 year. The teachers were great. The office was helpful. The overall attitude of the school is working to make the students sucessful. My granddaughter was reading books at the end of the year and now reads well above grade level. This is an excellent school.

Oceanair Elementary School 3

Posted January 31, 2009
I have three children attending Oceanair. My oldest is in 2nd grade, my middle child is in K and my youngest is in the 4 year old PreK. So far I have had wonderful experiences with their teachers. If i have a concern I feel fine going to them and talking about it and I feel they really listen. However, the staff in the front office I have found to be extremely rude. Everytime I have gone in I have had to wait for personal phone calls to end, gossiping with other people to end and them when I do have their attention, i am treated horribly. I have never been spoke to with such disrespect. So i guess in conclusion, i love the teachers (so far), my children love going, but the people in the office are horrible.

Posted August 26, 2008

Oceanair Elementary School 1

Posted May 10, 2008

Oceanair Elementary School
600 Dudley Ave, Norfolk, VA  23503
Last modified Oceanair Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oceanair Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top