Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

This will be my child's first year going to this school and I enrolled him over a month ago. I was expecting to receive something in the mail stating his teachers name and room number and nothing has come in. Mind you, school is starting in 4 days. I called the school today and I asked them what am I supposed to do, since I haven't received anything in the mail, and they asked me if I went to meet the teacher night last night?!! Well, first off, I looked on their website and there was nothing on there about meet the teacher night AND like I just stated, I have not received my paperwork.... So how in the world was I supposed to know about that? I am so frustrated about this whole situation. So far it looks like this school is unorganized. I really hope that my impression of this school changes after my child attends, if not I will probably pull him from the school and enroll him somewhere else.

my oldest son was in the PreK 3&4 program and my youngest is currently in PreK3. The PreK teachers are amazing. They help the kids grow developmentally, emotionally, and socially. They are so patient and kind, my Kids Love school and Love their teachers. wish all teachers were as great as the PreK team.

The pre-k program is excellent. The teachers work very hard to provide a learning environment that is both academically and socially structured for success.

I feel sorry for anyone that has to encounter or deal with the AP in this school!!!! Nasty and unprofessional, NPS you can do better!

I was getting ready to throw out the school newsletter and saw the blurp about rating the school. principal may or may not listen depends on who you are. He then may hand you to the counselor. (which is the only way to get help sometimes so I suggest you go to counselor first) Parent involvement? between the nice nasty office staff, the parernt involvement person who have no clue, and the meanest assistant principal you won't last long. After pre-k the teachers are hit or miss. There is always someone especially in cafeteria yelling at the kids. The assistant principal yell at them even with us parents there

Went to the African American History program for my grand daughter. Sat in back and listened while staff members dogged out staff and program. The children were cute but if staff don't support each other are they supporting our children.I have one granddaughter graduating this year but I wonder if my other grandaughter could do better else where.

I have been a teacher at Oceanair for 3 years. I am very proud of our caring staff and administration! We go above and beyond for all of the students. We are committed to keeping out parents informed and involved. We have many family oriented after school activities and functions. We truly care about each and every one of the students succeeding academically and in life. We want our students to become citizen leaders, leading the world into new and exciting adventures. We strive to have our students think out of the box using real world situations. I honestly couldn't imagine being a teacher anywhere else. I am proud to call Oceanair Elementary my home and my family!

I have been a teacher with the Norfolk Public School system for over 30 years. The last 17 years have been spent at Oceanair Elementary. We have a very hard working and dedicated staff. Their main goal is to provide quality education to ALL children while at the same time showing love and concern for their students and families in the community. We have THE BEST school in the city!

My son is in the pre-k 3 program. Ever since he started he comes home everyday tallking about how he can't wait tio go back the following day. They are so good with him especially with him having food allergies, his teacher is very careful and always checks with me before giving him something. The school is great on so many levels, to much to list.

My granddaughter attended kindergarten for the 07-08 year. The teachers were great. The office was helpful. The overall attitude of the school is working to make the students sucessful. My granddaughter was reading books at the end of the year and now reads well above grade level. This is an excellent school.

Last modified Oceanair Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.