Posted August 11, 2014
My kids are in their 2nd year starting in September at Sewell's and I just think this school is by far the best school I've seen. The teachers, Counselors, and Faculty are all very nice. I recommend this school to everyone.

Posted October 24, 2013
this school is pieceful ,fun, and loven.if i had cousens i would devinnoly tell them to go to the most wanted scool if we win then it will be the most wanted school

Sewells Point Elementary School 4

Posted October 17, 2013
Both my older children go to Sewell's Point Elementary and I believe it's a outstanding school with great potential. My oldest has been at Sewell's Point since 2nd grade and he is now in 5th grade. He was previously at Creekside Elememtary in Suffolk and was doing okay academically. He has definitely blossomed after being at Sewell's Point. My youngest had some learning issues in preschool and was afraid of his performance in elementary. However he is doing great and he had a wonderful kindergarten and first grade teacher (Ms. Harvey and Mrs. Wayne). The teachers here are the best around and are very involved. My oldest had went to three elementary schools before starting here (military moves) and this has been such a great experience for him. The only issue I have is the lack of a full-time nurse. They currently share a nurse with another elementary school and both my kids have severe food allergies, so that doesn't enlighten me too much. My youngest also has asthma. Thankfully I work down the street however that is acceptable for the school not having a fulltime nurse.

Posted February 11, 2013
I have three daughters attending this school so I have been in contact with many teachers and staff, and they are all very professional and helpful. The principal and vice principal are always accessible and friendly. The IEP process was quick and efficiently done. The curriculum is challenging and engages the students. It is a good school, it has some outstanding teachers, and your child will learn a lot here.

Posted April 27, 2012
My children have been attending Sewells Point since 2007 and I must say that I have no real complaints about the school. Ms. Wrushen and Ms. Harvey do a fantastic job in resolving any issues you may have. The comment the last review made was offensive. My family is an enlisted navy family so by anyone saying the reason why someone might be turned off from the school based on military affiliation is rude and very obnoxious. Yes there are a lot of military children in general at Sewells Point that's because of the 2 large military housing communities the school serves that doesn't make it good nor bad, just unique. The teachers go far and beyond to help make your child's educational experience fun, exciting and challenging!

Posted March 22, 2012
We are a navy officer family and our child goes to this school. He is receiving a comparable education to the one he received in Middletown, RI and far better than the magnet schools in Jacksonville, FL. The principal does an outstanding job with the students. The curriculum is challenging. I think a lot of people are turned off by the school because there are quite a few enlisted families at the school. Norfolk public schools are definitely improving. We have been very pleased thus far.

Sewells Point Elementary School 1

Posted May 26, 2010
This has got to be the worst dirtiest school my child has ever attended. The principal and the front office staff definently need some people skills training. You walk in there and they act like you are bothering them. If your child is being bullied they have this thing called "conflict mediation" that does not work because parent cannot get involved or allowed to sit with their child during the meeting. I know my child was bullied. Employees take it upon themselves to call your place of employment to complain to your boss about you if you question them. It's a horrible school and the staff has no control over the students. Stay away from this school.

Sewells Point Elementary School 3

Posted February 09, 2010
I love the assistant principle and the principle is not too bad either. However, i feel the teachers are lacking in the ability to handle children with different learning styles and unwilling to take time with the children. There are no extra curricular activities until 5 grade. Students are exposed to many different cultures due to the military families that surround the school. This is a great plus.

Posted March 27, 2009

Sewells Point Elementary School 4

Posted March 02, 2007
Our children(3) have attended this school for 5 years and we have been extrememly pleased with the education and experiences gained from the teachers and staff. With a few exceptions(who are no longer teaching) the teachers have been caring, attentive, and responsive to our childrens individual needs and learning style.

Sewells Point Elementary School
7928 Hampton Blvd, Norfolk, VA  23505
Last modified Sewells Point Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sewells Point Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top