Norfolk, VA

Posted August 10, 2014
I like Tanner's Creek. My neice and nephew and son attend this school. The teachers have good relationships with the students, they are kind and helpful, but firm. They set the bar high for the students and assist them in every way to meet those goals. There's no napping and learning letters for kindergarten here. My son had to do arithmetic on a number line, learn fractions, time, phonics and 80 sight words. My son hasn't had preschool, though he was taught all of the basics at home. He is five and has only been in kindergarten. He can add, subtract, read books at a first grade level, is starting to understand fractions. He had homework four days a week. They encourage parental involvement.

Posted April 08, 2014
This school is amazing. My children's teachers work with them because they're advanced and are very patient with them. I always see the principle in the morning and afternoon keeping an eye on her students. I am very sad I am moving out of state because they won't be continuing there soon. Excellent school and amazing principle.

Tanners Creek Elementary School 3

Posted July 18, 2012
This school has a dedicated staff of Classroom and Resource teachers. However, the discpline in this school has really gone down hill this past year. During the SOLs my daughter said that the students were outrageous. They were rolling on the floor, calling teachers names and the principal and assistant principal refused to do anything about it. I hope this improves with the new incoming principal.

Posted May 20, 2012
This school definitely deserves a higher rating than it has. My child attended this school for two years after attending private school beforehand, there was no rough transition and the teachers were of great quality. From the parental involvement at any event it is quite clear that this community cares about the quality of education provided to their children and it reflects how they are treated. It saddens me that we have to move.

Posted October 13, 2010
I am a mother of two children my daughter is in the 4th grade. She is gifted. And my son is in pre-k. The teachers are great. My daughter has been attending Tanner Creek since she was in 1st grade. She has always like all of her teachers. The teachers keep in close contact with me. My son just started this year and I see a complete in him for the good. I feel so safe leaving my son there. I know he is in great hands at Tanner's Creek. I love the uniforms but I also like the idea of them having to do all there homework for the week and being able to dress in jeans or whatever. It give them one day to express themselves. I think Tanner Creek is great. And I know that nexts year. We are really going to miss everyone there.

Tanners Creek Elementary School 3

Posted September 29, 2010
We are a military family and we moved from the Virginiabeach area to the Norfolk area and im very surprised that this school is giving my 2nd grader all this homework, it is crazy because when she attended the VB school they taught them more in the class rooms and when they come home they would only have a few things to review over and it would be things that they did in the class for that day. I am so happy that we are buying a house in another city so I can get her out of this school bc I feel if I dont then this will be a set up for failure. (((( she started out doing bad )))) Im guessing bc of the change.

Tanners Creek Elementary School 0

Posted April 01, 2009
one of the best elementary schools in the norfolk area ,my 2 kids have attended this school and from day one the teachers and the staff have been very knowledgeable and helpfull. Thanks

Tanners Creek Elementary School 4

Posted February 15, 2009
My wife and I toured Tanners Creek during the recent open house. I have a child in kindergarten. Her teacher is Mr Goodbread. He seemed very nice and my daughter likes being in his class. My daughter loves the art teacher. She really looks forward to her class each week. Mrs Johnson gave my wife and I the tour and was very pleasant. This school seems to be a safe place for my daughter.

Tanners Creek Elementary School 4

Posted September 06, 2008
My daughter has attended Tanners Creek Elementary for one year. I am impressed by the Pre-Kindergarten teachers of 07-08 school year. The school PTA is simply the best! and the school office and cafeteria staff were also very helpful during my visits. I am looking forward to another great year.

Posted May 31, 2008
Excellent commitment of teachers; warm and safe school climate.

Tanners Creek Elementary School
1335 Longdale Dr, Norfolk, VA  23513
Last modified Tanners Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tanners Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top