Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

For my child who suffers from ADHD and anxiety, they have come so far with help from Tanners Creek! The teachers truly focus on the child, not just testing scores. We absolutely LOVE Tanners Creek!!

Really impressed with this school. The new principal Mrs. Alger is really making a huge impact on this school and bringing up their standards. You can see she truly cares about her students and their success. I have loved all of the teachers and aides my children have had so far. My son has learned more in PreK here than my daughter did at another school. They spend one on one time with each student and I'm amazed how much they know and learn each semester. So happy we decided to give this school a chance. It definitely exceeding my expectations by far.

I absolutely love Tanners Creek! Three years ago, when my children transferred into the district, I was worried about the quality of education they would receive from this school and I was so wrong. The principal, Mrs. Alger, geniuely cares about the success of her students. She is constantly creating new programs to help children and families. Although we have had a few hiccups with some teachers, I have found majority of them enjoy their jobs and care deeply for their students. We only have one more year of elementary school, and I will definitely miss the love and support provided by TCES.

I like Tanner's Creek. My neice and nephew and son attend this school. The teachers have good relationships with the students, they are kind and helpful, but firm. They set the bar high for the students and assist them in every way to meet those goals. There's no napping and learning letters for kindergarten here. My son had to do arithmetic on a number line, learn fractions, time, phonics and 80 sight words. My son hasn't had preschool, though he was taught all of the basics at home. He is five and has only been in kindergarten. He can add, subtract, read books at a first grade level, is starting to understand fractions. He had homework four days a week. They encourage parental involvement.

This school is amazing. My children's teachers work with them because they're advanced and are very patient with them. I always see the principle in the morning and afternoon keeping an eye on her students. I am very sad I am moving out of state because they won't be continuing there soon. Excellent school and amazing principle.

This school has a dedicated staff of Classroom and Resource teachers. However, the discpline in this school has really gone down hill this past year. During the SOLs my daughter said that the students were outrageous. They were rolling on the floor, calling teachers names and the principal and assistant principal refused to do anything about it. I hope this improves with the new incoming principal.

This school definitely deserves a higher rating than it has. My child attended this school for two years after attending private school beforehand, there was no rough transition and the teachers were of great quality. From the parental involvement at any event it is quite clear that this community cares about the quality of education provided to their children and it reflects how they are treated. It saddens me that we have to move.

I am a mother of two children my daughter is in the 4th grade. She is gifted. And my son is in pre-k. The teachers are great. My daughter has been attending Tanner Creek since she was in 1st grade. She has always like all of her teachers. The teachers keep in close contact with me. My son just started this year and I see a complete in him for the good. I feel so safe leaving my son there. I know he is in great hands at Tanner's Creek. I love the uniforms but I also like the idea of them having to do all there homework for the week and being able to dress in jeans or whatever. It give them one day to express themselves. I think Tanner Creek is great. And I know that nexts year. We are really going to miss everyone there.

We are a military family and we moved from the Virginiabeach area to the Norfolk area and im very surprised that this school is giving my 2nd grader all this homework, it is crazy because when she attended the VB school they taught them more in the class rooms and when they come home they would only have a few things to review over and it would be things that they did in the class for that day. I am so happy that we are buying a house in another city so I can get her out of this school bc I feel if I dont then this will be a set up for failure. (((( she started out doing bad )))) Im guessing bc of the change.

one of the best elementary schools in the norfolk area ,my 2 kids have attended this school and from day one the teachers and the staff have been very knowledgeable and helpfull. Thanks

Last modified Tanners Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.