Posted September 27, 2012
I am in absolute awe on how this school is coming along. Our family has been a part of the community for 3 years. At first were not comfortable due to the fact that this was an up and coming school. But, after being there for almost 3 years, I have no regrets on bringing them to James Monroe. They have an all star staff! Their School Counselor is amazing and the communication is awesome. I am a Very Proud Parent and will represent this school to my fullest ability. I encourage diversity, and this school encouraging that as well. Both hands up. My children LOVE going to school and are very comfortable here. I am especially like how the community is involved that is a huge plus. They really put in perspective, that its takes parents to have a child but a village to raise them.

Posted June 08, 2011
my children have been attending james monroe since 1st grade my son is going to 5th grade and my daughter will be going to blair. we have had a wonderful learning experience and i look forward to my 3 year old attending their pre k program this upcomming year

Posted June 23, 2004
My son is a student at Monroe Elementary School. The leadership in the school is outstanding. Teachers and staff believe that all students can learn and they make it their top priority. As a parent I have always felt welcomed and look forward to my next visit.

James Monroe Elementary School
520 W 29th St, Norfolk, VA  23508
Last modified James Monroe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James Monroe Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 3 reviews.