PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

We love Trinity! Our oldest started there in PK-3 and we just adore it; the curriculum, the teachers, the location, everything! The atmosphere is amazing and our kids flourish every day. They explode with happiness and excitement when they get in the car at the end of the day! They can t hold in their excitement from the day. I m so happy we found this school and can t wait for our youngest (just a few months) to start school in a few years!

We could not ask for a better school. The teachers and parents are very hands on; any problems that arise are taken care of right away. My 8 year old never wants to attend a public school again. He enjoys every aspect of learning especially Religion. We would recommend anyone looking for a great school to give Trinity Lutheran in Norfolk Virginia consideration. YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY!!!

When I think of Trinity Lutheran School, I smile. It is a sweet little school with the most caring staff and teachers you could imagine. With small classes, my kids are given the one-on-one teaching that they need. They are excelling because they are in a safe learning enviroment with attentive teachers who work hard to teach them not just the curriculum, but how to think independently, as well as about life, getting along with others, and, of course, God. We couldn't be more happy with our choice to send our boys to TLS! Also, the principal, Mrs. Sykes, knows all of the kids by name (and the parents too), is super approachable, and cares dearly about the school.

Wonderful, caring teachers! As a single mom, I appreciate the diversity of the families and welcoming atmosphere. There are many fun gethering for families to participate in. The children are kind and respectible. Top it off with the great education and you can't get any betther!

This school is absolutely wonderful; my daughter has gone to this school since K-3 and is now in K. She loves this school and so do we. The principal and all the teachers have a real calling for this occupation and are not there just for a paycheck. The tuition and extended care rates are very affordable and they offer discounts for military, church parishioners and returning students; few other schools offer this combination of discounts. Best of all, the children are so well behaved and get a lot of personal attention. They learn German as a regular part of the curriculum and are all well ahead of their peers from other schools; graduates are well received and perform in the top of their classes. The extended care hours are very flexible and affordable. They offer Girl scouts, drama, art, gymnastics during extended care hours right at the school for very affordable rates. As dual military parents, it makes us feel great because otherwise we could not get her to these events. We tried 4 other schools before this one and were never quiet satisfied, but Trinity Lutheran School is truly exceptional! We plan to retire from here so we can have her attend through 5th grade!

We sent our son to Trinity for two years before we had to move. The faculty and staff are great educators and kind people. Our son was in the pre-K program, and he learned letters, numbers, basic phonics, and even some math! This is not just daycare. I can't recommend Trinity highly enough.

NORFOLK'S HIDDEN GEM!! You must tour this school to experience the difference. The staff are amazing!! My husband is military and we trying to stay in the area because we just simply cannot think about removing our daughter from this school. They are above and beyond in academics and teach the children how to be kind and respectful. I cannot say enough good things about the school and staff. All staff members truly care and love the children. You must see it for yourself!

My daughter started attending this year and it's great! We've moved around a lot and been in good schools and so-so schools for our older children so we can tell good from bad. This school has caring teachers and a challenging curriculum. They have an anti-bullying policy in place, lots of activities, and monthly field trips so the kids can experience learning outside of the classroom. What they plan on doing in K this year is more advanced that what my children had learned in 1st grade at other schools. I'm excited and can't wait to see all the progress that she makes by the end of the year.

My daughter loves it here. The teachers and staff are well qualified and caring. The other children are great and on the rare occasion when there is a problem it is handled quickly and caringly. I would recommend Trinity to any parent seeking a quality education in Norfolk

I would recommend this school to anyone who is considering a private school in Norfolk for their elementary age child. The student teacher ratio is very small, especially above kindergarten, and it is a sweet, old-fashioned school environment, with excellent academic standards. After paying for other private schools in Norfolk, this one is a best buy!

Last modified Trinity Lutheran Church School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5