Posted June 12, 2014
My two boys (11 and 4) attend this school. My oldest since Kindergarten and my youngest at 2. They love the school and so do my husband and I. ALL of the teachers are attentive and friendly. If there has been an issue, the teacher and the principal were there to correct and improve. Wish the school went pass 6th grade! The hours are great for working parents. 0630-1800 helps our military family tremendously and the cost for tuition is outstanding! My only request, other than extend grades offered, would be more selections for the children on the lunch menu!

Town & Country Day School 1

Posted May 29, 2014
My child attended the pre-k program. It is an older building but that is no excuse for it to smell like stale urine no matter what time of the day you arrive. The staff is rude, teachers seem to hate their job, and doesn't look clean/organized. There are too many children and not even staff. My child hasn't learned anything new since attending. I've had to go to the office on a couple of occasions to report how rude the teachers are, on several occasions I've come in to them yelling at the children(keep in mind these are 2 and 3 yr olds) which i feel is inappropriate. My child also came home saying that "Miss ___ let me hit him back" which let me know that they are promoting conflict/ violence instead of diffusing the problem. They never give any reports I have to ask why my child has a bruise, scraped knee, elbow, etc. After attending this school for almost a year my son still hated going there and cried every day. I honestly don't know why I let him endure for such a long time. I guess I thought things would get better. The last straw was when I dropped him off 1 day and he just stood there crying, no one went over to him, to invite him or console him and make him feel welcome.

Posted February 03, 2012
My son is new to this school in Pre k. He loves it they have small classes and have a big outside play area. He is learning so much! There are just 10 kids in his class and I am glad he is able to get a lot of attention from his teacher.

Posted January 26, 2011
This is my son's 6th year at Town and Country. The teachers are the best, friendly and extremely caring. The academic program is outstanding. Tuition rates extremely reasonable.

Posted April 06, 2010
I have two children that are 8 years old and 5 years that have attended this school since they were 2 years old. Both of my children love the school and look forward to going. At a parental point of view, the education is outstanding. The classrooms are small with more hands on from the teachers. The school is also christian base. Every morning my children recite the Pledge of Allegiance as well as sing the 'Star Spangle Banner'. All of the children say blessing before both morning/afternoon snack and lunch. At the end of my daughters 1st grade school year (2008-2009) she tested at a 3rd grade level across the board. For the current school year (2009-2010), my son in kindergarten is already reading at a first grade level. I highly recommend this school. Another added benefit to the school is that they have excellent hours (6:30 am-6:00pm).

Town & Country Day School

Posted August 04, 2009
this is a wonderful school teachers are great with the kids and relate to each childs needs and works with your child hands on and the office staff are amazing how they know every child and keeps them in line its a great school i ask at least check it out i love it and so does my son he's been there since he was four and will stay until 5 th grade i rate this school a 5

Posted September 29, 2008
I have three children that attend this school. I have never seen so much attentiveness to the children. My children look forward to going to school every morning. I recommend this school to any parent that believes in a quality education.

Posted September 08, 2008
I am very pleased with this school for my daughter. I notice the 1 star rating is from four years ago and I think it shouldn't be taken into consideration since it was so long ago. My daughter loves her teacher and although the classrooms are cluttered, I look forward to all the learning she will receive throughout the year. I would like to add that it's very economical in comparison to other schools.

Town & Country Day School 4

Posted July 10, 2008
This is my son's first year at Town and Country and he loves it. The teachers are friendly and he loves going to school. Yes, the school is small and a bit cluttered looking at times but we know we made the right decision by enrolling our son there.

Posted April 06, 2008
My 14-year high school freshamn started her schooling at this school. She was there K, 1st, skipped 2nd, and 3rd grades. The school does teach a year ahead. When she went to a public school in 4th grade, she was ahead of her class (all a year older). She will graduate when she's 17. They also welcomed her sister when she came for a week long visit. This school is awesome. We know have a 6-month old and my teenage daughters are excited she'll be able to attend this school; even the one who didn't attend regularly. She loved the week she was there. The faculty/teachers do know the parents personally. The small class sizes are perfect; more individual attention to the student.

Town & Country Day School
1421 Kempsville Road, Norfolk, VA  23502
Last modified Town & Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-4
Town & Country Day School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top