PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

Calvary has decided to limit its education of children to elementary school. I think this was the best choice for them. Their educational system after the 5th grade was horrible. The staff is highly unqualified, the administrator is unorganized, unrealistic, and MacBeth failed to be involved after his own kids left the school. My son is leaving for another school and he is far behind his peers at the new school. A sound parental decision is not to send your children to this school.

I love this school! My son is in kindergarten and the teacher is wonderful! She teaches the children everything they need to know and even more than she is required to choose. I love the people and will continue to help them strive to be better.

My child attended Calvary Christian School System from K4 through 1st grade and had an excellent early education experience and I was a VERY involved parent. BUT after 1st grade the school is a disorganized and below standard mess. After 1st grade, more than half of the students in my child's 1st grade class (there were 2 classes) did not return the following school year, due to the decline of quality teachers/education. Like I said earlier, I was a VERY involved parent, so I'm not speaking a bystander, but from first had experience. I have seen many quality teachers walk away due to school management and from extremely low pay. The school has let go of the Gifted Resource teacher, because they didn't feel her services were needed and the Media Resource teacher has left because of the above named problems. I ask you, how a school can be educationally sound if you don't have a Gifted Resource and a Media teacher and many of your high quality teachers have left. Parents beware and do your research before choosing this school; it's not what it used to be.

I am a former student of Calvary. Elementary School gave a firm foundation. However when I switched schools after middle school I was academically crippled. I had to relearn everything. The high school and middle school are choatic and not well organized.

I can definitly see the difference in my son since he has been attending. I feel it is a great investment in his future!

Academics-The adminisration and staff strive for excellence. In the high school the teacher/student ratio is great. the teachers listened to the sudents when they said they were not being challenged. Teachers tutor after school when necessary. The students have good relationships with the teachers. Socially-The students are typical teenagers with girl drama and competiveness, but as a whole they are good students who are being taught how to handle social situations from a biblical stand point. extra curricular activites- The student body is small so there are some things there's just not enoght people to do. But where there are activities like basketball, soccer, track, volleyball, the students do well in them. As a parent- some of the things I like the most is that I've never since my child was in 5th grade seen a student smoke, there is no profanity or graffit on the walls, good PTC and overall great

I highly recommend this school as an excellent source of education!!

Last modified Calvary Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5