Posted December 20, 2014
I can't recommend this school. The teachers are OK, except for one who makes passive aggressive comments. Our child has health problems and we have not received any support from the staff, the head of the school in particular. I won't get into details, but in my opinion she has acted extremely unprofessionally and immaturely. I'm very sorry we enrolled our child in this school.

Posted September 10, 2014
I have heard countless horror stories about gross unprofessionalism within the toddler program that not only runs counter to Montessori practice but also occasionally compromises the safety of young students. These stories come from a former employee and while I have no access to 'the other side of the story', I would ask parents to exercise prudence in selecting the right program for their precious developing youngsters. Stay away from the GMS toddler program.

Posted October 10, 2013
Our daughter has ADHD and this school is excellent for her academic and social development and her sense of self-esteem. She is excited by what she is learning and comes home wanting to learn even more. This is in direct contrast to being discouraged by extra worksheets and constant negative behavior reports from the traditional/heavily rules-based school she attended previously. Ghent Montessori allows our daughter the freedom to move as needed and to work at a comfortable pace that encourages her curiousity and love of learning. Bravo!

Posted July 01, 2011
My grandson attends this school and he loves it alot. Our family is pleased with his development. Anita Dickens was his Toddler teacher. Its great to see a teacher who really enjoys her work and its evident in the children who are in her care. I want to thank her and the administration for this great experience. I look forward to his continued sucess in childrens house.

Posted March 09, 2011
My child attended this school from toddler to 3 years old. He enjoyed the toddler program and he initially seemed to enjoy Children's House 2. He was learning sounds and was excited about exploring the classroom. At some point things took a turn for the worst. His teacher had nothing positive to say about him, his behavior was deteriorating and he was no longer learning. During conferences w/his teacher, she was emotionless, spoke negatively about him and had a nonchalant attitude about his progress. He was isolated in the classroom, disrespected, physically abused, called names, not allowed to interact w/other children and discouraged to explore the classroom. Once we removed him from this school, he blossomed and his behavior changed dramatically. He has matured beyond belief. He is now attending another Montessori school in the area, and they have nothing but good things to say about him and his progress is unbelievable. Just knowing what my child experienced in this school makes me sick to my stomach. How could a so called experienced teacher treat a child with such distain? This teacher will definitely REAP WHAT SHE HAS SOWED!!

Posted July 02, 2009

Posted January 29, 2009

Posted July 09, 2008
I just started my 2 year old at GMS and he loves it. He's very fond of his teachers which to me is the most important aspect. They make him feel comfortable and loved, giving him plenty of individual attention. I also love the montessori method. It fosters independence and curiosity in the world around them. This is a great school and I highly reccomend it.

Posted October 26, 2007

Posted November 11, 2004
My 4 year daughter has attended Children's House 2 since August. I wish we had know more about the school and the program last year. We would have had her there from the first moment she was eligible. We absolutely love the school and the program. The method is tailor made for our little one. She is blossoming before our eyes. I would highly recommend GMS and the Montessori Method to anyone who is interested. I agree with the other review that it is well worth the money.

Ghent Montessori School
610 Mowbray Arch, Norfolk, VA  23507
Last modified Ghent Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Ghent Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top