PK-12|Private
1,100 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted January 15, 2016
Flint Hill used to be the school of my dreams, and now it is nothing but a horrible nightmare. The teachers have lost all view of good in the students and instead look for everything bad in them just waiting to get them in trouble. I no longer feel like the school cares about me as an individual or as a student for that matter. They see all students as numbers for their paychecks. They no longer see the individuality in the students and my peers, but see us as pawns that they can control at their will. They use their guidelines as a weapon, not as a helpful reference. They don't care if you understand their subjects, just if you pass their assessments. I hope they wake up from this power trip.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted December 14, 2015
The homework level is just right for my child, but she is an excellent student. It may be too much for kids with differnet learning styles.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted December 14, 2015
I've seen the school respond rigorously to issues of weak character, and promote integrity through team building exercises

Posted December 14, 2015
Our child is new at FHS this year and has had a fantastic experience. From creative assignments, to active support from teachers (she is not in the learning center) to competitive athletics, she is absolutely thriving. Character development is a focus, and that is one of the elements of the school that appealed to us. So pleased with our choice!

Posted November 19, 2015
As a parent, I couldn't be more pleased with my child's experience at Flint Hill. The academic program offers both challenge and ample teacher support and access. The teachers go above and beyond and truly care about a student's success in and out of the classroom. Our family’s experience has been tremendously positive - I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it to other families looking for a great independent school.

Posted October 11, 2015
I hate this school more than anything. This school has terrible teachers. I highly doubt they care about your future. They care about their paycheck. I am probably going to get expelled if they find me doing this. They are so strict if you don't put a website at the bottom of your page then you get an in school suspension (good luck getting into college with that on your transcript) . If you chew gum detention. If you cuss detention. If you ever talk about your teachers and say that they could be better then you are probably going to get suspended for at least a day. The kids are mean and like to leave you out. Do you really want to develop an anxiety disorder like at least ten of my friends which is over half of them, Flint Hill is your best bet.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted October 10, 2015
WWWWay too much im only a kid thanks for the anxiety and depression though. A lot of kids have mental disorders from this school.

Posted August 31, 2015
We've had nothing but good experiences with Flint Hill. Top notch communication between teachers and parents, and our child has always felt like he was part of a larger family. So far the return on investment has been worth it. Some of the reviews from parents here make me question whether they've actually been to the school. As with any educational program, the more you and your kid puts into it, the more you'll get out of it. I'd recommend it to anybody.

Posted August 24, 2015
Pay a college tuition to get MacBooks and a public school education. My physics and spanish teacher were 23 years old and they were terrible teachers. People are way too cliquey but will be nice to you sometimes if they don't know you. No real friends but people you who hang out with.

Flint Hill School 2

Posted February 25, 2015
We recently left Flint Hill and we were very disappointed to find out that our kids were way behind their peers and we had to hire tutors to get them to grade level. We were initially enamored by Admissions and the Administration. What they say and what is actually done at the school seem like 2 different things. Don't take the school's word and "trust the process" like we did. Please do your research or else it could be a very costly mistake. They seem to follow a very progressive education approach and the teachers are lenient; hence, why it is not a pressure cooker school. The school is a Learning Center school. A funder and founder of Flint Hill made the Learning Center a huge priority when the school was set up and it is not going away. The school should embrace it, rather than trying to hide it. If your child needs help, struggling in public school or another private, this might be a good choice. Look elsewhere if you are looking for a solid academic school.

3320 Jermantown Road, Oakton, VA  22124