PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

MSO is a welcoming, nurturing place for students and their families. My husband and I are so impressed with the dedication and commitment shown by staff and parents in contributing to the children's education and well-being. Our son loves being part of the preschool environment, and it's greatest gift our family can give him.

We have 2 children at MSO- one in a primary class and one in elementary, and we have had an amazing experience there. The teachers are experienced, well educated, and adhere closely to the Montessori philosophy. Our children have learned more than we ever imagined and they love going to school. It is a great learning environment with kind, caring staff and great families.

My child has attended the elementary program for the last 4 years and I have nothing but praise for the school and its teachers. It is a warm and nurturing environment that academically challenges children. The best decision we ever made was sending our daughter to MSO.

MSO is not just a school but a safe, family oriented life experience for the child. Our child has been here for three years completing the primary classroom experience and has really blossomed as a student and a fellow citizen. The environment is so calm and enriching a child cannot help but reach their greatest potential here. Being with the same teacher for three years gave our child the chance to really develop and grow in a relationship with her teacher and for the teacher to really know them as they change and mature. I would do the primary (Preschool - K) again and again. As a result we are sending her to the 1st grade here this year. We are looking forward to developing a three year relationship with her new teacher.

This is a great all-around school. The teachers stress development of the whole child. Children are able to grow and develop at their own pace academically with the knowlegeable guidance of trained teachers. Regarding their social development, the children are guided by wonderful teachers who understand the importance of social development and how best to help children develop a strong sense of self while caring for others and being an important part of the community. Our children have grown in so many ways and a strong education in social development has helped them thrive inside and outside the classroom. I also love that the teachers believe that helping a child develop is a parent/teacher team effort. Learning at home doesn't stop there and learning at school doesn't stop there....it is continuous and parents and teachers working together help the child be happy and achieve great things. It's a great place.

I cannot you how impressed by how much my son has blossomed while attending MSO in the past three years. Being in this setting, my son (an only child) has learned to work and commune with children older and younger than him since the classes include kids from ages three to six. The teachers are wonderful--experienced, caring and patient (sometimes more than the parents) and able to articulate to the children, encouraging them to speak and grow in a community setting. I am unduly impressed to see the outcome in the children: excitement and curiosity about learning, willingness to help and care for others, an ability to verbalize feelings, a desire to learn for learning's sake, and a desire to help and care for others and the world around them. The parental involvement is especially great and supportive. My son and I will undoubtedly miss MSO to no end.

Wonderful school! They take the time to get to know each child and encourage them to learn by following thier interests!

Last modified Montessori School Of Oakton is a Private school that serves grades PK-6