Oakton, VA

Posted August 28, 2014
We have two children, both have graduated from Waples Mill E.S.. Great experience, time passes so fast, it was a peaceful, blessed education. Thanks to all involved.

Posted June 25, 2014
My kids love going to school here! They do everything in their power to keep the children from falling behind in a caring attentive manner.

Waples Mill Elementary School 3

Posted October 15, 2013
This school has some pros and cons like any other school. Programs are good but that all depends on the teacher. Some teachers are working their for so long, I feel like they hate their job. I think school should give them early retirement and welcome new faces.

Waples Mill Elementary School 3

Posted May 22, 2013
Too many phone calls to parents with insignificant problems. But when something serious happens, like several lice outbreaks, they give you a notice, but that's all. No separation of students, no removal of the student with the repeats incidents. Also too much parent involvement for this working mom.

Posted May 22, 2013
My daughter has attended this school since kindergarden and she's now in the 3rd grade. I have loved all of her teachers - they are very dedicated and take each student's needs to heart. My daughter was placed in the Advanced Academic Program and she has excelled. Class size is reasonable, content is far and away more challenging than I received in elementary school. A++ all around.

Posted April 08, 2013
We love this school!. Even though we moved house our one criteria was that we had to stay within the same Waples Mill area! Teachers are dedicated and hard working. The school is able to both challenge kids near the top of the class as well as give extra help to those needing it. School is well equipped and parental involvement is huge. Sometimes parent meetings/events can't fit in the cafeteria...!

Posted February 23, 2012
Hello, My daughter and son have been attending WMES since 2009. The teachers and staff have done a fantastic job with general and special learning needs. Two and a half years later--The Results speak for quality and attention my children are given. Great School!

Waples Mill Elementary School 1

Posted October 17, 2011
sent my son to this school after reading all the other reviews on this website, but found it absolutely not a good school at all ,very unwelcoming school office staff, unconcerned principle and irresponsible kindergarten teacher not concerned at all about children's safety inside her own class room her excuse was that she has 27 kids to watch.

Posted May 24, 2010
I think Waples is a great school! The staff is well educated, constantly striving to make learning interesting and encourages learning by incorporating the kids strengths. Parent involvment is encouraged. The pta is very active.

Waples Mill Elementary School 0

Posted April 19, 2010
It has the most inccredible teacher, parents and facilities that I have ever seen - the kids are fantastic! Sarah Dodge

Waples Mill Elementary School
11509 Waples Mill Rd, Oakton, VA  22124
Last modified Waples Mill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Waples Mill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top