Penn Laird, VA

Posted October 07, 2013
Teachers are wonderful, but the student life is not one in which I'd want my children around. There are better options in Rockingham County, such as Broadway High School or even Turner Ashby High. I would not recommend Spotswood High.

Spotswood High School 2

Posted June 01, 2011
This school is definitely a small town high school. There are very few programs available during or after school. There is only Advanced Placement Class available. This school will need to grow a lot to become a good school.

Posted July 24, 2010
I graduated from SHS in 1993 and enjoyed the social experience. My academic preparation left a little to be desired. Case in point: I took a basic grammar exam my first day of law school and received the third lowest score of the entering class. Maybe I shouldn't point the finger at the school but should point the thumb back at the sometimes lazy student instead. But I still feel like other kids were better prepared than I was.

Posted August 17, 2007
Great sports programs, great band, awesome after school activities, friendly and helpful staff, amazing teachers, nice facility, wonderful school.

Spotswood High School 4

Posted September 12, 2006
I'am a former student and I graduated from spotswood in 2004. I really enjoyed my time there and already miss spotswood. All the teachers were great and strived to get each student involved and did everything possible to help each student succeed. As for the administration they did't seem to be interested or involved.

Posted March 04, 2006
As a student, I can honestly say Spotswood High School is the best! Many schools in the area seem to be focused primarily on athletic achievement. While Spotswood does have a great athletics program, I've always felt the message to be that academics were of more importance. The teachers and administration are all very friendly and are willing to do what it takes to help a student succeed. As a senior I'm saddened to leave such a great place. Like an extra family, they work day-in and day-out to shape each student's character into something beautifully unique - a rare thing these days.

Posted October 07, 2005
Spotswood was a lackluster school with less than helpful administration. I was a transfer student and the administration was more interested in my achieving two years of gym class before I graduated than what type of academic programs I was interested in taking. The community as a whole was very unwelcoming to new students. The teachers were very nice, but much of the work lacked opportunities for academic achievement beyond the standard.

Posted September 09, 2005
As a student that attends Spotswood, I must say that it is a warm and inviting place to attend school. The principals and faculty are very involved with the students, and try to get along with each and every one of us on a personal level. The teachers are the same way. They are all fun and really dedicated to helping you pass. You can tell they really enjoy their jobs. There are a lot of things you can do in Spotswood with sports and extracurricular activities, and Spotswood does not lack in coaching ability. All of our coaches are top-notch, and are all dedicated as well. Many money raised is sent to these departments, and all are kept in good condition. Overall, I think Spotswood is an awesome school that grows every year.

Posted September 09, 2003
Spotswood High School is a wonderful school that has educated, focused, and hard-working teachers and students. The principals there provide a safe and fun environment for learning, and the students and staff all have great personalities and character!

Spotswood High School
368 Blazer Drive, Penn Laird, VA  22846
Last modified Spotswood High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Spotswood High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top