Petersburg, VA

Posted September 02, 2014
I was an active parent at Walnut Hill for over 9 years. Our kids were identified gifted and honor roll students throughout. There are unfortunate things that happen in all schools, we are not as bad as other schools in more afluent, better rated school districts. The stigma that a predominantly black population means the school is no good, is wrong. For the rest of the city that do not support our schools by sending their kids to private schools, you are missing out. A good student will succeed in any school. Stop sheltering your child and placing them where they only deal with their own race or socio-economic standing. Petersburg schools may not be perfect but they strive for excellence that's more that can be said for their neighboring school divisions. Walnut Hill is just as good for anyone seeking an outstanding education experience. Teachers are dedicated, administration is caring and attentive. This rating is unfair and the truth is the schools are great. Good job everyone keep up the good fight and we will succeed and be the best school division in the state! Also, Petersburg is one of the most beautiful, historic, and safest places to live.

Posted February 27, 2014
My son has been going to this school for 2 years now. I am a very active parent and believes that no one cares more for his education than I do. The teachers I have come into contact with is great. I am not sure if its because I am an involved parent. My issue is the school is so unorganized. I have to constantly ask for things more than once, I sometimes have to take time out of my busy schedule to go up there and talk with someone. Sometimes when I do go in I would get attitude from the front office. If this school could be more organize and not play the blame game then I would keep my son in another year.

Posted April 23, 2013
Out of all the schools in Petersburg, this is one of the best ones...but trust me, this place is a nightmare. Move elsewhere...

Walnut Hill Elementary School 0

Posted March 28, 2010
I as a parent would give this school a 10/10 rating. Love the dedication of the staff. My child appears to be happy, and he is consistently on the honor roll which makes me happy.

Walnut Hill Elementary School 4

Posted November 28, 2009
I have two kids at this school doing really great,when i first moved to petersburg all people said was walnut hill elementary was no good was not an accredited sch. i said charity begins at home we parents tend to leave everything to our kids teacher we have to train our kids too,the principal and staffs of the school worked really hard to take the school to where it is now and they still not relenting on doing what is best for the students and the school,great teachers,friendly staffs, wonderfull principal,i will regret taking my kids away from this school when i move back to chicago.i give kudos to the staffs.

Walnut Hill Elementary School 0

Posted July 27, 2009
My son attended this school for 2 months and it was horrible! If you hold high standards for your child's education this is not the school for you! The school fails to meet accreditation and if they do they meet with a warning. This school is sliding by when it comes to the standardized testing. How this school is still open and how it can be referred to as a school is far beyond me!

Posted June 11, 2009

Posted June 12, 2008
I am very pleased with the academic progress that my son has made while attending Walnut Hill Elementary School. As long as we are in the area we will continue to attend this school.

Posted March 09, 2008

Posted September 27, 2007

Walnut Hill Elementary School
300 S Boulevard, Petersburg, VA  23805
Last modified Walnut Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Walnut Hill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top