Bad
Good

I'm orginally from Danville, VA and moved to Petersburg and enrolled my child at this school entering the 8th grade. My daughter was a A-B student back at her old school. Here, my daughter witnessed girls constantly fighting or trying to instigate fights. Every day my daughter would come home and tell me who was trying to "buck" who. Girls in the hall would approach my daughter trying to start a fight for no reason. These girls would not get reprimanded and continude to remain at school, or if they got suspended, would come right back to the same behavior. My daughter's concentration went from her school work to trying to avoid a fight everyday. Then one day a girl approached my daughter in the hallway where they were teachers and stuck her finger in my daugther's face, was less than 10 inches in her face, and cursed her like a dog, a fight broke out, and my daughter got suspended. She had never been in a fight before or ever got suspended. And on the last day of school, I received a call to come get her as soon as he got off the bus because a rumor was going around that she was going to get jumped, although the girl who fought her was sent to alternative school after many fights.

my school is the best school that I have ever been to except Robert E. Lee Elementary School, We have the best principle, he actually cares about the students and would do anything for us so that we can pass those SOLs. So before you say something about our school having a terrible atmosphere, please know what your are talking about and stop going by what you may have heard or think you know. Thank you so much

Terrible educational atmosphere. Not a desirable school for any child. The rating or test scores and stats speak for the school.

the students are amazing and they work to gether so fine and i think it's the school to go to.

Last modified Vernon Johns Jr. High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.