Poquoson, VA

Poquoson Elementary School 4

Posted March 27, 2015
I am a student who went through the Poquoson City School system from 3rd Grade until my senior year. I truly believe that all of the schools have something great to offer children. I thrived in this school because it gave me the opportunities to excel and pushed me to always reach for excellence. Maybe the PES I went to is different from what it was 11 years ago, but I believe it is whatever you make it. I had an excellent upbringing here in poquoson as a MOVE-IN, believe it or not. The school system is still ranked very highly, and rightly so. Students graduate from Poquoson schools with most of the knowledge and skills needed to excel in college and in the workplace. I hope this review is a refreshing outlook to someone looking to send their child through the schools here. You will love it!

Poquoson Elementary School 2

Posted December 04, 2013
Horrible! We originally moved to Poquoson for the great schools. The primary school was fantastic. However, since the new elementary school opened, the academics have deteriorated. When we pulled our two honor roll students out halfway through the school year, the administration didn't even ask why. Up to that point, they had done nothing more than review the previous year's coursework. Such a shame!

Poquoson Elementary School 1

Posted October 10, 2013
OFFAL! I Do not even know where to start. I have 5 children and everyone of them has gone to Poquoson schools and two of them have graduated. Belive it or not children are Graduating from these schools illiterate.. They will do anything to keep their reputation Including just pushing your child A long. Out of all four schools this is by far the worst one! THIS SCHOOL IS BASED ON IMAGE, DO NOT LET THEM FOOL YOU! If you don't look the part, act the part and go with the flow you MUST be abusing your child. Sick if you ask me. This school failed my son and now its doing the Exact same thing to my other son!... I'M Looking into other SCHOOLING options as I write this! Do your self a fav and don't send your child here!

Poquoson Elementary School 2

Posted August 24, 2013
Bullying in this school is ridiculous. The principal does nothing and they won't do a report because it will hurt the schools rating. This year if it continues i will contact school board and department of education!

Poquoson Elementary School 5

Posted October 28, 2012
Where do I begin? PES is one of the four fantastic schools in Poquoson, They have a new school, built in 2008. It is a beautiful building. The teachers that my child has are the best. They are extremely well versed in their field and very much concerned about the children under their care. Same for the office staff as well as encore teachers (art, spanish, music, PE). I could not be happier about the progress my child is making. I owe it all to the teachers and staff at PES. I understand the primary, middle, and high schools are equally fantastic.

Poquoson Elementary School 5

Posted March 26, 2010
We moved here at the beginning of this year and have been very impressed by this school system. I am in the Navy and have a daughter in college and have seen many school systems over the last 20 years, and this one is by far the very best I have had the pleasure of having my children attend. I was amazed that they start teaching Spanish in the Third grade and that is just one of the many things that impressed me.

Posted November 06, 2009
great caring teachers and staff and wonderful building!

Poquoson Elementary School 4

Posted May 11, 2009
In response to the parent that wrote on March 14, 2009: How can you not know when field trips are going to be. You have to sign a permission form in advance. There are not many 'parties' and the ones they have are told in advanced by the individual teacher. The nurse takes care of medical problems- not the front office, and from my experience does a great job. We are military and moved here 8 years ago. I have three boys and all have felt very welcomed in Poquoson. They all have lots of friends and have fit in from the beginning. Poquoson has been very welcoming to us.

Posted March 14, 2009
My daughter is a diabectic and I found the office did nothing to help us . It was a fight with them the 3 years she was there over everything from her meds to telling me ahead of time when parties would be or field trips . My husband and I ended up going to her Doctors and having them write a contract for them to sign . We were so glad when she went on to the next school .

Posted September 02, 2008
It seems like not much has changed since the last review in regards to the bullying and harrassment involving students. My son was tormented by other students all year long and nothing productive was ever done. No information at all was given to the parents pertaining to discipline of the bully. Nothing ever changed. i also got the same feeling regarding the office staff.

1033 Poquoson Ave, Poquoson, VA  23662
Last modified Poquoson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Poquoson Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top