Posted March 26, 2010
My youngest started kindergarden this year at PPS. We were drawn to Poquoson due to the schools and I must say I am pleased we moved here. We have 2 other children who went to kindergarden in other locations and this school knocks the others out of the water. The teachers are awesome and the learning curve for my daughter has been trememdous. I love the fact that she goes to school all day vice half a day and that she brings home fun family homework almost every day. It serves to help her learn and keep parents involved. Also, every event at the school has parents, grandparents, aunts, and uncles coming out as well as other siblings. Poquoson is a fabulous school system and we love it here.

Posted March 26, 2005
Our encounters with all staff have been warm and we know that our child is in a loving environment. Our only disappointment is that our special needs child was given weak IEP goals, documentation of meeting these goals is uncertain, and communication about progress towards goals has been unreliable and vague. Better resources for special needs children would be more available without parent pressure in a larger school district.

Posted September 22, 2004
The primary school is the crown jewel of this town!! The teachers are loving, caring, knowledgeable and very friendly. I tell people asking about the school, it is like going to Grandma's house. The former principle, Jody King, was terrific. I especially liked the amount of face time she had with the class rooms. She regularly visited classes unexpectedly. The new principle, Sue Butler, has a different style than Ms. King, yet just as effective. She tends to be a bit intimidating to the children, however she is a warm caring woman upon talking to her. Over all this school is Blue Ribbon, cream of the crop. The front office is always friendly and helpful. A visitor gets the immediate impression they are valued. 5 stars PPS!!

Posted August 23, 2004
I felt like it was a very good descision to send my child to this school, we were at a private school. The teachers were very professional and warm with the parents and the students. The office is organized and friendly as well as professional. The teacher we had was wonderful and I would reccommend her to anyone.

Poquoson Primary School
19 Odd Rd, Poquoson, VA  23662
Last modified Poquoson Primary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2
Poquoson Primary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top