Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Not enough (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Cradock Middle School 1

Posted November 27, 2015
The Principal was not available to talk with me on a Friday. The following Monday, I stopped by. She wasn't available again until I mentioned to the Secretary that I was going to meet with the Superintendent of Schools that afternoon. She came out of the office with a School Board member. When I shared with her what I experienced observing the students, she denied what was telling her. On Friday I witnessed staff hovering over a baby while 2 students were being ignored. The baby belonged to an 7th or 8th grader. On Monday I witnessed a student with his pants below his buttocks. When I reported it to an attendant, she reported that he has been told numerous times to keep his pants pulled up. I have given information to School Board members and all the Principals of the School Division about the "Whole School Change" program that deal with teaching discipline in the class room but they have blown me off.

Cradock Middle School 1

Posted November 03, 2015
Like a prison alot of security to hide the real problem and that's kids being bullied. And lazy staff meaning the principal when I called concerning my child he never returned my call and when I met with him over five times with issues concerning my son was having along with other staff they stated what would be done. Which NOTHING was never done. And the teacher's are afraid to have order in the class by doing what's best for our children that wants to learn versus the ones that don't. I wouldn't allow my worst enemy to have their children to attend this school. For I'm working hard to move out of this sorry city and the school system.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 03, 2015
The 7th grade Science teacher that's the only one that seems to care by calling me about the process with my child

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted November 03, 2015
How are they to learn sorry school sorry just in it for a paycheck that's why the SOL testing is so low

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted November 03, 2015
No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no. No

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted November 03, 2015
What respect none at all the bullies get away with everything disrespectful and they don't get punished for what they do

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted November 03, 2015
What they have none of the above only concern with a paycheck and their family could care less about mines and yours

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted November 03, 2015
Not worth sharing don't send your child to PPS. Fighting every day kids being bullied and nothing is being done about it nothing all they want is a paycheck

Cradock Middle School 4

Posted October 01, 2015
So far I have been impressed. I didn't give 5 stars because I think they need to improve on communication. Other than that, I like the teachers and administrators. It is still early, but so far so good. I homeschooled for many years because James Hurst was so bad. The worst school. I was nervous sending them back to a Portsmouth school but Dr. Bracey is trying to make a difference. Cradock has a ton of programs and my boys seem to be really engaged.

Cradock Middle School 2

Posted February 10, 2014
Cradock Middle has been going down hill since the old leadership left for the high school. There are constant fights at the school and the students only seem to get suspended after SOL testing. The current principal bullies the faculty and staff (especially new hires or transfers). She uses the meetings to belittle the staff and rarely offers encouragement. Reporting her to the HR is of no use since they are all "friends" and could care less about the "little people" since they will get their "fat" checks upon retirement. The teachers spend most of class time redirecting bad behaviors. It's a shame that almost half of last years faculty/staff left this school last year.

21 Alden Ave, Portsmouth, VA  23702
Last modified Cradock Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.