Churchland Elementary School 1

Posted December 04, 2014
We are implants the area. Having resided in various areas of the country. I must conclude this is a very poor excuse for a elementary program. From the principal to the front desk staff they leave a lot to be desired. Fairness is not present in administration or in the classroom. Issues go overlooked and unaddressed for weeks at a time at all. I am not sure what is the reason for the lack of care. I would highly courage anyone considering this school with the expectation of a pleasant experience to look some place else. When personnel is often tardy, unresponsive to communication attempts, and disrespectful to parents and children, it is purely an unsafe environment for your child.

Churchland Elementary School 2

Posted March 27, 2014
This school is horrible !!!!!! The principal when she is there defends the teachers no matter how wrong they are , put words in my child's mouth. The teachers don't seem to care about the children and yell and degrade them all the time to name a few things. I know a few people that have moved just so their children no longer have to go to this school. This school never makes you feel welcome to the point I hardly know any of the teachers other schools I've know over 75% of them at least by name and grade. My children have been going here for 3 yrs and I rarely have anything nice to say since day one we have had issues. That should say a lot !

Posted August 06, 2013
My daughter just finished Kindergarten here, her teacher Ms. Wasilenko was awesome. My daughter really enjoyed attending her class and she kept the students in line. Hoping that my daughter gets another wonderful teacher this school year.

Churchland Elementary School 4

Posted August 13, 2012
The teachers and the staff are great. There is little to no involvement with our principal. I believe this hurts our school.

Posted August 05, 2012
Sadly, this is my childs last year at this school. We will miss every teacher and staff member at CE Schooll. This school has excellent teachers and strong leadership. The academics are challenging enough to prepare the students for the SOL's. I would like to see more volunteering by parents; it seems to be the same parents/grandparents helping out at each event and the same people in the PTA too. Our family loves this school and plan to enjoy our last year there!

Churchland Elementary School 1

Posted January 11, 2012
I am less than impressed with this school! I chose to live in my neighborhood based on the initial research I did about Churchland Elemnetary School. Back then (2009) the school had higher SOL scores and rave reviews about the principal and teachers' dedication to the students, but I have seen the total opposite in my daughter's two years there. She is currently attending this school for first grade and I am reasearching other district options to pull her out! The teachers are less than motivating, focus on the childern's negatives and her particular teacher seems to hate her job! I have met with her numerous times about various "issues" she has with my daughter, tried to work different startegies with her for success for my child, only to keep meeting the same result--HER NEGATIVITY and my daughter's decreasing self-esteem because of it. If you have the option, pick a better., more dedicated school. Your child deserves the best! Don't be fooled by old reviews! I was.

Churchland Elementary School 0

Posted May 18, 2010
The staff & teachers are awesome, the parents are awesome and the students are awesome. The teachers take a sincere interest in the students which is why the SOL scores are so high!

Churchland Elementary School 2

Posted June 18, 2009

Posted May 09, 2009
My child is in the 4th grade and has attended this school for his entire school time. I absolutely love the school. The teachers are dedicated and very good, the office staff is extremely friendly. Not only do they know my child's name but they know mine, too. Even the janitors say hi when you walk by them in the hall. The teachers care very much for the students and really want them to do well, as do the administrators. The class sizes are starting to get a little large but it hasn't seemed to affect performance at all. Again, this school is great and I wouldn't want my child to go anywhere else.

Posted March 25, 2009

Churchland Elementary School
5601 Michael Ln, Portsmouth, VA  23703
Last modified Churchland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Churchland Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top