Posted July 27, 2010
My son went here and my daughter currently goes there. I absolutely loved her K and 1st grade teacher and hope that I am just as pleased with her 2nd grade teacher.

Posted June 27, 2010
I am excited about the update to the building, which was my only complaint about this school. The teachers are wonderful; we have really been blessed by the quality of teaching in my son's classrooms. He has also enjoyed the gifted program.

Posted April 29, 2010
I really do enjoy this school. My daughter gets a quality education and is challenge daily to strive for more. The principle is tough, but she runs a really good school, considering when she took it over a couple of years ago it was a mess. Now the scores are in the 90's and they have excellent teachers. Some of the older post do not speak to how much this school has changed compaired to four years ago, but I am here to reassure that it is an excellent school on of the best in Portsmouth and I am proud my daughter attends.

Posted November 16, 2008
I must admit I was a little leary about sending my three kids to Churchland Primary & Intermediate school. My kids had just left a DOD school overseas and I wasn't sure they were going to get what they need at Churchland. I am consistently updated on my kids' progress in school and if there is a problem I feel more than comfortable to speak to thier teachers. Mrs. Freeman, the principal, is professional and dedicated. I don't believe all the parents are as involved as they can be in thier children education; but the teachers are doing up thier part.

Churchland Primary & Intermediate School 0

Posted October 06, 2007
This is my son's second year at Churchland Primary and I must say I'm not impressed with the administration or staff. His teachers last year were average as well as his teachers this year. Overall the school is Ok at best.

Churchland Primary & Intermediate School 2

Posted June 28, 2007
- a former student

Posted May 17, 2007

Posted August 16, 2006
Overall CPI has been a great school.The administrators, faculty & staff are very committed toward the students. My children have received numerous awards and have benefited from extra curricular activities such as: Computer Challenges, Spelling Bees, Accelerated Reading, Social/Motivational Programs and Math Contest. I feel if more parents would become more involved in their children's academics and began more parenting skills at home the administrators and teachers could spend more time on instruction versus discipline issues. CPI still needs support from the local school division to retain and recruit competent teachers. The bottom line if parents are active, constructively involved and positive about their child's future CPI will continue to excel!

Posted May 10, 2006

Churchland Primary & Intermediate School 2

Posted May 08, 2006
Kindergarten was AWESOME. Teachers were very helpful and loving. First grade was a nightmare! Principal kept saying she would talk to the teacher about issues we had, but never did. I am so glad to be out of that school and into a much better situation. There was nothing but negative feedback. Children need positive feedback as much if not more. Teachers were not cheerful or happy to be there. I was very displeased overall. Education was another issue. He is very far behind in his new school, but he was in CIP's gifted program! Parents were not encouraged to be involved either.

Churchland Primary & Intermediate School
5700 Hedgerow Ln, Portsmouth, VA  23703
Last modified Churchland Primary & Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Churchland Primary & Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top