Portsmouth, VA

Posted March 18, 2014
My daugther is now in 4th grade. I had problem with this school from she was in the 3rd grade. By child seem to behind on her grade level. i ask for her to be tested for special education last year when she was in the 3rd grade . The first week of the 4th grade her teacher call stating my child didnt know what book the class was using at the time of an assessment and i ask her did she show her and her rely was she told the class the first day of school. The teacher didn't care and to me its like she not trying to help with my child. My daughter behavior has change and all the teacher would do is send her to the principal and they would suspension her . i ask for her to be move to an other class and they would not let her saying it got to be a good reason for her to be move. i have to pay for tutor casue she is not learning anything in class. They are not teaching sceince and no letter was giving to me stating they would not be teaching sceince . the reading teach as not be to help the kids in weeks. i put my daughter in counseling now but the school is not working with me and helping with my childs education.

Park View Elementary School 5

Posted September 21, 2013
My son is in first grade and has gone here since Kindergarten. I have been very impressed with the dedication and professionalism of staff. My son loves it! He is learning so much. Despite the negative reviews, I definitely urge you to give this public school a chance.

Posted September 14, 2013
I would rate this schools with one star, but I had to for it to post...their should NEGATIVE stars available. HORRIBLE school they are unfriendly in the office, staff is uncaring when your child needs help and the classes are OVER CROWDED with horrible age range. My child in kindergarten was BOARD and when family problems came into play right before school ended they could have careless about their TOP student. When my child behavior which started off as being stubborn and shutting down turned into much more because the teacher would call mom and dad to pick up. So my child learned to manipulate the situation to get what he wanted and that was outta that TERRIBLE PLACE. This resulted in not ONE, but TWO suspension right in the final months of school. There was NO BEHAVIOR issues ever before. I begged from the second issues started for my child to speak with a counselor, but they were too busy with SOLS. When finally they allowed him to see her it was too late and she couldn't get him to talk. Really?!?! I mean how hard is it to get a 6 year old to chat? Hello the sky is blue and the grass is green. So upsetting and DEVASTATING to my child's success with school.

Posted June 03, 2013
This school gets no stars from me...there the worst school I ever came across...staff and teachers don't seen to care about the students...principal doesn't seen to care, takes forever responding to conferences...my child will not return back there next school year...

Posted July 16, 2012
My daughter stated at Parkview in Kidergarten from day one we had nothing but promlems she wasn't allowed to use the restroom and the teacher didn't want to respond to our repeated request for a conference. so i eventually taught her myself. the next year in first grade she did not get her meds as prescribed by her doc. Only after me going up there and fussing did she get her meds when needed. the principal and most of the staff don't seem to care about the students. the school basically gives the students grades to get rid of them. Overall this school is the worst i have ever had to deal with.

Posted February 27, 2010
My daughter started Park View Elementary in Pre-K and is now in 3rd grade. This school was good for Pre-K, a preschool environment. I would not at all recommend it after Pre-K, most teachers lack to teach quality lessons and seem to not care about the student's well being. The student's seem to try hard, but only to be slapped in the face with failing grades, because of lack of proficient instructional time to meet student's needs. The children are being passed along, without even getting the basic skills. My daughter was there way to long, only because it was convenient, we had just gotten too comfortable. As of now I can fianlly say I have taken the next step to transfer my daughter and we haven't looked back or missed anything at Park View Elementary, good writtens!

Posted March 30, 2009

Park View Elementary School 3

Posted March 29, 2009
My daughter is in Kindergarten, which is a combination class with pre-K. The class is too big, although there is an assistant, and she is constantly complaining how bored she is at school (except for the days she has music and art classes). I think they need to reconsider the size of the school--almost 800 in an urban elementary is too big--and return to pre-2009 zoning.

Park View Elementary School 5

Posted October 14, 2008
It is still early in the year, however everyone see,s to be off to a great start.

Park View Elementary School 3

Posted August 09, 2007
I like the curriculum VERY Much,and that is about it. What really bothers me is the inconsistency. From what I have witnessed, the kids run the school. The authority is failing! They need more structure and people who enforce the rules. ALL of the rules, and for everyone, not just for those children who's parents really care and make an effort to abide. I give them an A in curriculum, but an D in handling of children and occurrences. They need to work on their lunch program also. I really like the classes, and the expectations of the students.

Park View Elementary School
260 Elm Ave, Portsmouth, VA  23704
Last modified Park View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Park View Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top